All wheel drive indicator

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
DocMacan

Post by DocMacan »

Sorry guys. I have come back to the forum after a long time. My macan dashboard is flashing a sign around all wheel drive not working, only rear wheel, driving permitted. Has anyone experienced this? Is it an electric issue or something to do with traction and wheel alingment? Please advise.
I have a photo but can’t figure out where to upload on my mobile.

VanB

Post by VanB »

Sounds like a failure of the AWD system so a trip to the OPC
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
happy days

Post by happy days »

Sounds expensive...
Macan S D
718 S
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Presume it doesn't reset when you switch off and restart.???

I've had a couple of strange alarms which reset themselves.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

What does the drive screen show when the car is being driven? All rear or all front wheel drive or a mixture?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
rydercowan

Post by rydercowan »

This happened when I was driving at PEC a couple of years ago. We pulled off the track and the instructor radioed base for advice after switching off and restarting didn't work. I think the advice was switch off, remove key, then restart. That worked. I got the impression from the conversation with base that it wasn't all that uncommon an occurrence.
DocMacan

Post by DocMacan »

SAC1 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:39 pm What does the drive screen show when the car is being driven? All rear or all front wheel drive or a mixture?
Thanks, it shows 'rear wheel drive and driving permitted' forgot what the exact words are but essentially is saying adjust the way you drive.
DocMacan

Post by DocMacan »

ScotMac wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:14 pm Presume it doesn't reset when you switch off and restart.???

I've had a couple of strange alarms which reset themselves.
yes it does (reset)..i am fine driving in a straight line until the first roundabout and then it comes on again. Since i live in Milton Keynes i havent got a choice on roundabouts..My other half did get fed up with the roundabouts and decided to drive the Macan straight through one of them recently..My car hasnt been the same since.. :(
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

It's sensing that front wheel drive is also required ( i.e at bends or greater acceleration) and that's when your warning come back on. Maybe software, switching or something more involved. If it was a Land Rover or many front wheel drive VW's it would be a haldex pump. Don't know the Porsche solution. But defo a dealer visit 🤑
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6