Oil level measurement currently unavailable

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Macan SD. 19 months old. 15,500 miles
I have occasionally kept an eye on the oil level and since new, it has gradually fallen but remained within the green area that states "oil level correct". I have attempted to check the level over the last 2 days and it consistently states that "oil level measurement currently unavailable". This is after driving for at least 15 minutes, on fairly flat ground when trying to check and the oil temperature >90 degrees (was up to 97 this evening).
I presume it will tell me if it thinks that the oil level is low enough to need some extra adding. My worry is that if it can't measure the oil level, it won't warn me if it is too low and there is no dip stick to use as a back up.
Any ideas?

Guy

Post by Guy »

Mine was like that for a few days after its first service. I think the system takes a while to settle down after it senses that the bonnet has been opened.
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Agreed. Whenever I've added oil (generally 1l every 8k) then it takes a couple of days before it will show a reading.

BigPhil.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

as it takes less than 1 lts from bottom to top on the electronic dip stick and you still have over 5.5 lts left in the engine don't worry to much, just keep an eye on it.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

As above perfectly normal and can take a couple of days or a number of miles to adjust.

Same on all my Audi’s and all fine
GTS 😀
microbe

Post by microbe »

I had this problem a couple of weeks ago. It was due to low oil level and was solved by adding 500ml of the oil supplied on pickup. The message disappeared almost immediately and gave me an OK reading. I have had the car for 22 months, it has done about 15,000 miles and this was the first oil I have added
Porsche Macan S - www.porsche-code.com/PHH2H4S9
microbe

Post by microbe »

I was also surprised that I got no message to add oil. It just said service unavailable
Porsche Macan S - www.porsche-code.com/PHH2H4S9
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Thanks. Just to be clear, I haven't added any oil - ever. Nor did I get supplied with some on pickup. I will keep an eye on it and see what happens. Going on a long run on Saturday - perhaps I will check what oil I need just in case it decides I am low!
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Issue solved... checked today and said it needs more oil. Added half a litre which should last until oil change/service