Stop/Start & Hold Function

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Paul

Post by Paul »

No, stop / start will always default back to “on” when you re-start the car.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

GTS Maidenhead

Post by GTS Maidenhead »

Unfortunately I can’t get my start/stop to work. When the car comes to a stop the start/stop symbol comes on but is Amber instead of green. I’ve tried everything in the manual. Am I missing a trick or does it sound faulty?
Col M

Post by Col M »

GTS Maidenhead wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:31 pm Unfortunately I can’t get my start/stop to work. When the car comes to a stop the start/stop symbol comes on but is Amber instead of green. I’ve tried everything in the manual. Am I missing a trick or does it sound faulty?
Found it to be an indication that my battery wasn't holding a full enough charge.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

GTS Maidenhead wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:31 pm Unfortunately I can’t get my start/stop to work. When the car comes to a stop the start/stop symbol comes on but is Amber instead of green. I’ve tried everything in the manual. Am I missing a trick or does it sound faulty?
Are you saying you've ruled ALL of these:
Exceptions for the Auto Start Stop function

The Auto Start Stop function is not available in the following situations, e.g:

When SPORT/SPORT PLUS mode is active
When PSM off or PSM SPORT mode is activated
When maneuvering
When air conditioning "Maximum cooling output" is active
When the “Windshield defrost” function is active.
At high altitudes
While adjusting the chassis level
When off-road mode is on
When an attached trailer is detected (bicycle carrier connector or trailer connector plugged in)
The Auto Start Stop function must be deactivated manually if a trailer hitch from another manufacturer is installed on the vehicle.
The Auto Start Stop function is available with limited functionality in the following situations, e.g.:

When the air conditioning or passenger compartment heating is operated at a high setting
If the battery charge condition is low
On upward or downward slopes
During internal vehicle test procedures, e.g. automatic engine checks
At a very low or very high outside or battery temperature
In stop & go traffic with repeated short stopping phases

At this time of year, stop/start not working is usually down to low battery voltage or temperatures. Do you do a lot of low speed driving in traffic?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Perhaps it's a function of my age, but I detest start/stop systems and disable them as the first button press after switching on the engine. In fact, if I forget and inadvertently get an engine kill, my blood pressure rises?

I put it down to thinking that it has to be prematurely wearing parts of the system out, rather than just let it run? I was forever lying under cars in winter, twatting the starter motor with a spanner to un-jam it, or swapping them for a scrap yard replacement, but to be fair, they were the old, not pre-engaged versions.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S
goron59

Post by goron59 »

nsm3 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:51 am Perhaps it's a function of my age, but I detest start/stop systems and disable them as the first button press after switching on the engine. In fact, if I forget and inadvertently get an engine kill, my blood pressure rises?

I put it down to thinking that it has to be prematurely wearing parts of the system out, rather than just let it run? I was forever lying under cars in winter, twatting the starter motor with a spanner to un-jam it, or swapping them for a scrap yard replacement, but to be fair, they were the old, not pre-engaged versions.
Yep, it's a function of your age :)

Sometimes it's best to let go of the past (eg lying under cars in winter) and embrace the modern age. Except for things like Instagram and Little Mix, obviously !
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

nsm3 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:51 am Perhaps it's a function of my age, but I detest start/stop systems and disable them as the first button press after switching on the engine. In fact, if I forget and inadvertently get an engine kill, my blood pressure rises?

What were they Leylands or Dagenham dustbins? Had one car that for winter used two sets of sparkplugs, spare one in my mothers oven to warm up and insert quickly in order to start the damn thing in the mornings! Did though leave a nice smell of fresh baked bread for a while 😊 Think cars have moved on a bit since those times 😉
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

nsm3 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:51 am Perhaps it's a function of my age, but I detest start/stop systems and disable them as the first button press after switching on the engine.
Remember that this will also disable the coasting function - so a double whammy on fuel consumption.

One option is to disable stop/start in urban areas, and enable it on motorways and other free flowing main roads.

I have it programmed into my diamond button.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

goron59 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:54 am Sometimes it's best to let go of the past (eg lying under cars in winter) and embrace the modern age. Except for things like Instagram and Little Mix, obviously !
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

Dagenham Dustbins, for the avoidance of any doubt!

:D
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S