40,000 service

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

hi Guys

can anybody advise exactly what is done on a 40,000 miles service, I have read the normal things like oil and filter change and list of things checked etc,

but what about gear box oil and other nasties that do not come up until they start the service????

safetycrew

Post by safetycrew »

Hi

See below snips from my Service book - its a 2015 Diesel S motor - however believe book is common across Macan range

G3TlGr2tSjiIjLmgHjUHhA.jpg

Vz5nUsTkTcubw+WNqpyCNw.jpg

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Below is the list of work done under 'Fixed Price Servicing' (note: participating dealers only). Info taken from here: https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesa ... cepricing/

It's pretty clear from this what will be checked or replaced at your car's major service. You can assume that nothing else will be done unless something is found during the checks, and you will be contacted if that happens. It's impossible to answer your question about 'other nasties' if they are not evident before the service checks.

The major service is priced at £560, brake fluid change is priced separately at £95. You should have the brake fluid changed at two yearly intervals.

Macan
Fixed price servicing
Your Macan is in expert hands at your Porsche Centre. Here is a breakdown of what is included and the pricing structure of servicing work.*
Minor service includes:
• Faultcodeanalysis
• Replacementofpollenfilter
• ReplacementofoilfilterandengineoilusingMobil1oil
• ProvisionofonelitreMobil1top-uppack
• Inspectionof:vehicleundersideandenginecompartment,coolanthoses,coolant(levelandantifreeze check), radiator, air intake, brake system, brake hoses and lines, drive shafts, tyres, locks and latches, electrical equipment, horn, windscreen wiper washing system, power steering and fluid level check and lighting system (including headlights and indicators)
• Finaltestdrivetocheckallmajorsafety,comfortandmechanicalsystemsforeffectiveoperation followed by final post-drive fluid level check
Major service includes:
All items in minor service as detailed plus:
• Checkcondition,andadjustifrequired:fuelsystem,parkingbrake,clutch,steeringgear,tierodends, axle joints, running gear, exhaust system, suspension, seat belts and throttle actuation
111 point check
The 111 point check required to take out a Porsche Approved Warranty is included in Fixed Price Servicing at £217* for all Porsche models.
Service timeline and additional work requirements vary according to model. For full details on your Porsche’s service requirements please contact the Service Department at your local Porsche Centre. Within a minor or major service additional parts or work may be required depending upon the age of the vehicle, mileage and wear and tear. Additional work is not included within the prices displayed, should it be required your Porsche Centre will advise you of this prior to completing the work. Having your Porsche serviced by a Porsche Centre means you also have access to a courtesy car** or the option of a collection and delivery service.**
For more information about the range of services available, please speak to a member of the Service Department at your local Porsche Centre.
*Participating Centres only. **Subject to availability and geographic limitations.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

thanks for input, is PDK oil and filter optional?
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I understand the importance of changing brake fluid, every two years, due to its chemical nature/properties.

Is the advice based more on time than on mileage?

My T will get to 20k miles much sooner than 2 years. More like 14.5 months on current mileage. So I’m wondering if the brake fluid will happily last safely until 2 years, as opposed to changing it at the 20k mile service?

I quite enjoy borrowing different Porsche loaners for the day, so the increased frequency of OPC visits wouldn’t bother me. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Paul

Post by Paul »

Wing Commander wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:03 am I understand the importance of changing brake fluid, every two years, due to its chemical nature/properties.

Is the advice based more on time than on mileage?

My T will get to 20k miles much sooner than 2 years. More like 14.5 months on current mileage. So I’m wondering if the brake fluid will happily last safely until 2 years, as opposed to changing it at the 20k mile service?

I quite enjoy borrowing different Porsche loaners for the day, so the increased frequency of OPC visits wouldn’t bother me. :)
It's a time thing rather that usage Simon...now, whether you feel £95 for a day in a Panemera is worth it is a whole new question!! ;)
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

^^^ Cheers, Paul!

Well, it’s £95 either way. And I do enjoy borrowing different Porsche models! :lol:

So far it’s been Panameras, Boxsters, a Cayman and a Macan! :P

They don’t tend to loan 911s for the day for servicing :( but I have yet to try a Cayenne...
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col M

Post by Col M »

safetycrew wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:46 am Hi

See below snips from my Service book - its a 2015 Diesel S motor - however believe book is common across Macan range

G3TlGr2tSjiIjLmgHjUHhA.jpgVz5nUsTkTcubw+WNqpyCNw.jpg
Should be common can't see them changing the spark plugs in my diesel.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

gasgas1 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:40 am thanks for input, is PDK oil and filter optional?
Not according to the service schedule, which says change at 40k miles or no later than six years, meaning whichever comes first.

You could decline it, but that’s unwise, particularly if still in the warranty period, and the fact it hasn’t been changed would be evident from the service record. That could cause you problems when you come to sell or part exchange the car.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
VanB

Post by VanB »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:22 pm
gasgas1 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:40 am thanks for input, is PDK oil and filter optional?
Not according to the service schedule, which says change at 40k miles or no later than six years, meaning whichever comes first.

You could decline it, but that’s unwise, particularly if still in the warranty period, and the fact it hasn’t been changed would be evident from the service record. That could cause you problems when you come to sell or part exchange the car.
Nick is spot on here. If the car is not maintained according to schedule it will cost you infinitely more than maintaining to schedule when it comes to offloading the car.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate