Software update

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Radas.Rob

Post by Radas.Rob »

My Macan SD went in for small problem with the memory seat,while it was in they did a software update and regen cycle.
The car car came back all done and lovely and clean, but I have noticed it seems a lot punchier in the lower gears and off the mark....I like it. Has anybody else had the same experience, wondered if they had reset the gear box when doing the update?
My wife commutes to work only 12miles in traffic per day so this could make the gearbox a little sluggish maybe.

mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Radas.Rob wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:54 pm My Macan SD went in for small problem with the memory seat,while it was in they did a software update and regen cycle.
The car car came back all done and lovely and clean, but I have noticed it seems a lot punchier in the lower gears and off the mark....I like it. Has anybody else had the same experience, wondered if they had reset the gear box when doing the update?
My wife commutes to work only 12miles in traffic per day so this could make the gearbox a little sluggish maybe.
The PDK will have been reset as part of the software update. When mine was done I did not really notice as I tend to drive in quite a spirited manner where the circumstances will allow.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Radas.Rob

Post by Radas.Rob »

:)
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

what is your update version?
Radas.Rob

Post by Radas.Rob »

No idea I did not ask. It has had one every time it visits
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Put the SD in Sport mode.

It makes a huge difference in how the engine and gearbox of an SD responds.

Gone is the sluggish gearbox response.

I used to use Sport with PASM set at comfort mode (no lights) for all town and short distances in my SD and only switched off Sport mode when cruising long distance.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags