Macan 2.0 stock exhaust modification?

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Carteen

Post by Carteen »

Hello

I recently bought a Porsche Macan Base with the 4 cyl 252 engine.

I think the car is great but miss some sort of exhaust sound. It´s to quiet i think.

My question is, has anyone done some sort of exhaust modification of the stock exhaust? I dont want to buy a completly new exhaust system!

Thinking about removing the midle muffler (resonator delete it´s called in BMW language).

Someone with experience of this?

GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

I reckon you'd be in some pretty unchartered waters there - especially with the new GPF cars. If you had a pre GPF car and wanted to replace the stock exhaust Remus and Akrapovic have solutions. With post, you're almost certainly looking at some systems trickery to fool the GPF on the emissions. That's why the SD really didn't have many aftermarket options.

Supersprint has these for the 2.0. Not sure about emissions though and they are always at pains to point out that these are modifications for off road usage...

https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/porsc ... elete.aspx#!/

Best of luck!
Just macan

Post by Just macan »

I would consult the porsche dealer first as this modification may invalidate your three years warranty .
I was told by them.. if you change even the alloys wheels outside porsche make...it will invalidate your three years porsche warranty.

Good luck and mine is 2L and love it with specs of black exhaust and it sounds good.