Softronic Remap Macan Turbo 3.6

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Don16

Post by Don16 »

Just browsing online at the various tuning options and noticed softronic have a tune which has really high gains, I have never heard of them or used them but wanted to know if anyone here has experience with them?

Link below:
https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod141608/ECU-Re-Mapping-Softronic--Performance-Software-for-Porsche-Macan-2014and/?imt=1&utm_campaign=uk+shopping&utm_source=adrac&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=

The Macan Performance Tuning Software from Softronic works on the Macan, S and GTS from 2014+:

2014+ Macan with 2.0 liter DFI engine
2017+ Macan S and GTS with 3.0 liter DFI engine
2014+ Macan Turbo 3.6 liter DFI engine

Pops and Bangs is available for this also in which is the factory gurgling that certain Porsche cars have on deceleration

Model:
2.0 DFI BHP Gain +62 / Torque Gain +72
3.0 DFI S BHP Gain +62 / Torque Gain +131
3.0 DFI GTS BHP Gain +50 / Torque Gain +120
3.6 DFI Turbo BHP Gain +110 / Torque Gain +154 :o

adam b

Post by adam b »

Tempting but these claims always make me suspicious:

“Since warranty is always a concern, Softronic also provides you with your original file. With this original file you can flash your car back to stock at any point. If you go to the dealer, there will be nothing visible through the Porsche PIWIS system.”

Can’t PIWIS see a count of ECU flashes ?
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)
Don16

Post by Don16 »

adam b wrote:Tempting but these claims always make me suspicious:

“Since warranty is always a concern, Softronic also provides you with your original file. With this original file you can flash your car back to stock at any point. If you go to the dealer, there will be nothing visible through the Porsche PIWIS system.”

Can’t PIWIS see a count of ECU flashes ?
Apparently only if the ecu is partially flashed which softronic claim most other tuners do.

If they flash the full file(oem) then piwis sees a flash counter of 0.

My only concern was Scott the owner of Softronic wasn't really up for the questioning and his responses seemed a little short and pissy

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

adam b

Post by adam b »

Hmmm, agree a bad attitude is off putting
there are lots of these solutions around and I take bhp/torque claims with a pinch of salt (as they are RR with estimates to translate power at wheels to power at crank - a dark art)

this one seems good value
https://tdi-tuning.com/car/porsche/macan/36-turbo-394-bhp-400-ps-294-kw-550-nm-406-lbft-from-2015/crtd4-sent-multi-channel-petrol-tuning-box-chip

these guys i do know and trust (but more expensive)
https://www.nineexcellence.com/upgrades/9e-packages/macan-stage1-turbo.html
2017 - Macan Turbo, with most of the toys (sold)
2008 - manual 997.1 Turbo (sold)