Automatic Cruise Control Issue

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
wizbang

Post by wizbang »

Hi All,

Anyone out there had issues with their Automatic Cruise Control?
I am constantly getting messages on mine: "ACC/PAS unavailable. Sensor dirty" or "PAS currently restricted. Sensor dirty" or even ""Acc/Cruise control not possible. Move gear selector to D/M". Didn't matter how many times I cleaned the sensor. I still got the messages.
It's a 2019 Macan 2 with 3,000 miles on the clock.
Took it to Porsche for them to investigate and after two hours of diagnosis they tell me they want to change the sensor at the front of the car.
I've got no real problems with it, but wanted to see if anyone else out there has had a similar experience. I work in the electronics/software industry and just find it a little concerning that a sealed device like this passed all the stringent production and post production tests, only to fail within 3,000 miles.
Happy owner of a Mamba Green Macan S

T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

No problem with mine.
By their very nature they need to fail safe, so I would imagine the slightest issue or problem and they will shut down.
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Mine's got quite dirty but never shown an error message; I use it most of the time.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

wizbang wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:59 pm Hi All,

Anyone out there had issues with their Automatic Cruise Control?
I am constantly getting messages on mine: "ACC/PAS unavailable. Sensor dirty" or "PAS currently restricted. Sensor dirty" or even ""Acc/Cruise control not possible. Move gear selector to D/M". Didn't matter how many times I cleaned the sensor. I still got the messages.
It's a 2019 Macan 2 with 3,000 miles on the clock.
Took it to Porsche for them to investigate and after two hours of diagnosis they tell me they want to change the sensor at the front of the car.
I've got no real problems with it, but wanted to see if anyone else out there has had a similar experience. I work in the electronics/software industry and just find it a little concerning that a sealed device like this passed all the stringent production and post production tests, only to fail within 3,000 miles.
Seems like this thread is exclusively for those of us with Mamba Green Macans!

My ACC has worked very well, save for one occasion when a message said it was unavailable, but soon cleared. I put this down to condensation on the sensor, which probably evaporated as I drove.

(P.S. the A stands for Adaptive rather than Automatic)
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Makanik wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:06 pm
Seems like this thread is exclusively for those of us with Mamba Green Macans!

(P.S. the A stands for Adaptive rather than Automatic)
Scotch Gloss Green Envy!

No PTS available when I ordered.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Col M

Post by Col M »

Haven't got a protective coating of some kind?
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
wizbang

Post by wizbang »

Thanks for the feedback.
Even though I haven't had an error since they investigated the problem. I think I will go ahead and have them change the sensor as I use ACC a lot when I am sitting in traffic to/from work and want to know I can rely on it.
Happy owner of a Mamba Green Macan S