Undetectable TDI Tuning box

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Andyroo

Post by Andyroo »

Hello all

I’m considering a TDI Tuning box for my SD, but am of course concerned with the risk of losing my OPC warranty. The manufacturer states that removing the box makes it untraceable, but has anyone had any real world experience with it and the dealer, positive or negative? Interested to see people's thoughts on whether it’s worth the risk.
2016 SD, Volcano grey, 21 Turbos, PASM, SportDesign, Privacy glass, LDW and LCA, Heated sports seats with crest and memory, Heated steering wheel (the best), Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Pano roof, PCM, Connect Plus, Park assist with reverse camera

VanB

Post by VanB »

A number of people on here have used them with no problem and a few have been sold on here. Worth doing a search to find out what people have already said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Leesparky

Post by Leesparky »

Andyroo wrote:Hello all

I’m considering a TDI Tuning box for my SD, but am of course concerned with the risk of losing my OPC warranty. The manufacturer states that removing the box makes it untraceable, but has anyone had any real world experience with it and the dealer, positive or negative? Interested to see people's thoughts on whether it’s worth the risk.
My OPC in Reading gave me a friendly warning to take mine off my SD before bringing it in for any warranty work.

(They saw the TDI tuning box fit when they were doing a couple of paid upgrades for me).

Andyroo

Post by Andyroo »

Leesparky wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:35 pm

My OPC in Reading gave me a friendly warning to take mine off my SD before bringing it in for any warranty work.

(They saw the TDI tuning box fit when they were doing a couple of paid upgrades for me).

Did they mention being able to detect it from the numbers at all?
2016 SD, Volcano grey, 21 Turbos, PASM, SportDesign, Privacy glass, LDW and LCA, Heated sports seats with crest and memory, Heated steering wheel (the best), Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Pano roof, PCM, Connect Plus, Park assist with reverse camera
Leesparky

Post by Leesparky »

Andyroo wrote:
Leesparky wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:35 pm

Did they mention being able to detect it from the numbers at all?
Not mentioned or discussed. So can’t answer that I’m afraid.

Shortshift

Post by Shortshift »

The TDI box makes no permanent change to the engine ECU and therefore, if removed, leaves no trace in terms of reflash counts. I used one for three years and found it to be a great product; used on a mid setting, it greatly boosted low and mid-range torque and, in my view, made my 2015 SD drive as a three litre SUV diesel should. I also enjoyed improved fuel economy (sorry - I can't remember by how much).

The unit itself can be disconnected from its dedicated harness and a 'shorting plug' put in its place (just two connector screws). In this configuration the box is literally 'out of circuit' and, unless the extra harness if spotted (highly unlikely and never happened to me) then there is absolutely nothing to detect.

No affiliation but in my experience a great product that helps to round-out the Macan S Diesel derivative.

James
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

I am still undecided about extended Warranty with effect from April next year. It is not my nature to extend these Warranty situations and if I do not a Tuning Box is very much in my sights.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

If a chap was inclined to go at speeds not legal in Britain how does such a box affect performance in those regions, theoretically?
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Andyroo

Post by Andyroo »

Shortshift wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:47 pm The TDI box makes no permanent change to the engine ECU and therefore, if removed, leaves no trace in terms of reflash counts. I used one for three years and found it to be a great product; used on a mid setting, it greatly boosted low and mid-range torque and, in my view, made my 2015 SD drive as a three litre SUV diesel should. I also enjoyed improved fuel economy (sorry - I can't remember by how much).

The unit itself can be disconnected from its dedicated harness and a 'shorting plug' put in its place (just two connector screws). In this configuration the box is literally 'out of circuit' and, unless the extra harness if spotted (highly unlikely and never happened to me) then there is absolutely nothing to detect.

No affiliation but in my experience a great product that helps to round-out the Macan S Diesel derivative.

James
That’s very useful information, thank you.
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

Article on TDI website re modifying cars on finance....

https://tdi-tuning.com/news/can-i-modify-my-car-on-a-pcp-hp-or-other-finance-deal
Macan
Taycan Turbo