Hesitation on pull away

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Don16 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:37 pm
Kleynie wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:11 pm
Don16 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:46 pm Sounds like valve body/mechatronics unit.
Can you elaborate please?
Issues you describe sound like the mechatronics unit is failing. I have seen more and more reports of this recently and the mechatronics unit being replaced. Mention this to dealer.
Fits your symptoms more than transfer case.
Interestingly, I think it was the Mechatronics that was leaking when they changed the seal, I had this hesitation ever since.

Thank very much for your help.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I’m getting my Macan back tomorrow, they changed the EGR valve as they said it was faulty, I am not convinced that has anything to do with the drive train hesitation! I guess I have to see how it goes.
This also means I have to return the Panamera Turbo S hybrid courtesy car.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Kleynie wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:15 pm I’m getting my Macan back tomorrow, they changed the EGR valve as they said it was faulty, I am not convinced that has anything to do with the drive train hesitation! I guess I have to see how it goes.
This also means I have to return the Panamera Turbo S hybrid courtesy car.
I had a EGR gunged up on my X5. Made it drive like a Mk1 Discovery.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
PIMM

Post by PIMM »

Hi Kleynie. Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue dammit!
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

It's a long shot - but are you sure it's related to the engine/drivetrain and not the brakes?
My daughter's BMW had a hesitation that sounds similar and it was due to a faulty wheel sensor causing the brakes to grab momentarily.
It became apparent on a test drive and was sorted before we bought the (used) car.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

PIMM wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:11 pm Hi Kleynie. Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue dammit!
I had the EGR changed and it was fine through the summer, I sold it in November whilst the going was good.