Hello & TDI Tuning box for SD

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Thanks Ti Rich.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)

Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

OK, I have a bit more hard data now on how the tuning box changes the MPG

With Tuning Box (12 Tanks)
Average Calculated MPG 34.66 mpg
Error on Dash MPG 11.12%

Without Tuning Box (19 Tanks)
Average Calculated MPG 35.14 mpg
Error on Dash MPG 4.54%

So no real difference in actual MPG but the MPG reading from the car's computer is way off as standard and made much worse by the tuning box.

I have this week done the intake mod and fitted a BMC air filter. Have to say the car is pulling a fair bit harder and sounds a bit more throaty! The tuning box has been off a fair bit as it has developed a fault which TDI Tuning are trying to fix.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Ti Rich wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:13 pm OK, I have a bit more hard data now on how the tuning box changes the MPG

Error on Dash MPG 11.12%

Error on Dash MPG 4.54%

So no real difference in actual MPG but the MPG reading from the car's computer is way off as standard and made much worse by the tuning box.

I have this week done the intake mod and fitted a BMC air filter. Have to say the car is pulling a fair bit harder and sounds a bit more throaty! The tuning box has been off a fair bit as it has developed a fault which TDI Tuning are trying to fix.
Seems logical. I still can’t beat 30 mpg av and have given up monitoring.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
ultrabelse

Post by ultrabelse »

Thanks Ti Rich, what the error with the TDI box? Is it systemic?
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

ultrabelse wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:59 am Thanks Ti Rich, what the error with the TDI box? Is it systemic?
Don't know to be honest. I had an error whereby the car would just die. I have diagnostic equipment and it was showing a temperature sensor error which is within the boost senor as well. Removed the system and all fine.

They then sent me a replacement unit and wiring harness but as soon as I connected that up I was getting fuel sensor errors and the glow plug light just kept on flashing . Remove unit, clear errors, and all OK again.

They have now sent me another wiring harness to try but I have not fitted it yet, will do it shortly.

It was all going so well!
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Tom 2000 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:14 pm
Ti Rich wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:13 pm OK, I have a bit more hard data now on how the tuning box changes the MPG

Error on Dash MPG 11.12%

Error on Dash MPG 4.54%

Sounds like you're driving it properly Tom :D
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Second new loom not solved the problem. I am wondering if the box is being blocked since the car went in for a service.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Rab J wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:48 pm
Tom 2000 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:14 pm

Error on Dash MPG 11.12%

Error on Dash MPG 4.54%

Sounds like you're driving it properly Tom :D
I like to think I am positive and sensible. However sometimes enthusiasm takes over.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

has the box issue been sorted, only i was considering getting one but will await your outcome,
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

gasgas1 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:17 pm has the box issue been sorted, only i was considering getting one but will await your outcome,
No not yet. They want me to photo every step of the installation even though I have done it many times before. I ran out of time last weekend so will do it this weekend and will update here.