Transfer Box

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Issues and Fixes
richard_abra

Post by richard_abra »

Hi All, New around here.

Ive just bought a Macan Turbo 2015 from a mate of mine with a known Transfer box issue (diagnosed by OPC) bought it cheap knowing i would have to get fixed. Doing some searching looks like most got there’s repair under warranty. clearly mine isn’t covered anymore. Can anyone suggest best place to get this repaired?

Thanks

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

If you get it replaced at an OPC the work will come with a two year warranty. You're probably looking at close on £3k with two thirds of that being the cost of the transfer box itself. I've no idea whether it's possible to source the exact same part from anyone other than Porsche.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Col M

Post by Col M »

A1F753DF-E8A5-4D45-9600-C42A9EF1B192.jpeg

Looks like there’s now a 7 year unlimited mileage warranty on Transfer cases in the US
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Guy

Post by Guy »

Col M wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:09 pm Looks like there’s now a 7 year unlimited mileage warranty on Transfer cases in the US

Well spotted - hopefully it will happen in UK too! And soon, as I need to decide on further (5 to 7 year) warranty extension by end of August.
Guy

Post by Guy »

Further to the above, I have today emailed my OPC to ask if this warranty extension is coming to UK. I'll post any response here.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

After pressure from US owners Porsche extended the engine warranty on 991.1 GT3s to ten years. There were a lot of issues with the earlier versions of these engines that came to a head a couple of years ago. This extension was then also added to the UK cars so we can only hope that the US extended warranty for the transfer boxes does the same.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Paul

Post by Paul »

Just searching one of my previous posts which gives complete breakdown of parts and labour invoice.....much cheaper than internet myths would have you believe....

Here

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=8156&p=173770&hili ... ox#p173770
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Guy

Post by Guy »

Guy wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:22 pm Further to the above, I have today emailed my OPC to ask if this warranty extension is coming to UK. I'll post any response here.

And their response is as follows:

We have just heard from Porsche UK regarding this and, unfortunately, the extended warranty on the transfer box will not be applicable in the UK.

Very disappointing but not unexpected :x
davewf

Post by davewf »

Humm the fact they have admitted the issue in US leaves them a bit open in UK.

You could claim that the goods were not of merchantable quality and go after the dealer in a small claims court using the consumer rights act of 2015 assuming no one agreed to pay.

Car would have to be less than 6 years old though. The Small Claims court is good because the legal costs cannot be claimed by the defendant from the plaintiff. If you lost you would just lose the Small Claims fee.

I am no lawyer so I may be totally wrong.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Guy wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:17 pm
Guy wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:22 pm Further to the above, I have today emailed my OPC to ask if this warranty extension is coming to UK. I'll post any response here.

And their response is as follows:

We have just heard from Porsche UK regarding this and, unfortunately, the extended warranty on the transfer box will not be applicable in the UK.

Very disappointing but not unexpected :x
The US is a more competitive market and having finished so high up the JD Power satisfaction survey there, 2nd from memory beating Lexus, Porsche USA would be prepered for extra concesions to keep that status. I mean discounts are even common thre and we seem to be back towards waiting list and delivery waits

I could say they might even be getting jumpy with the threat of Trumps tarifffs upsetting thier business but then we have Brexit.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8