Macan satellite navigation

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
User avatar
Don
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 2:15 pm

Macan satellite navigation

Post by Don » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:18 pm

The satellite navigation in my 2015 Macan was out of date when it was built. Porsche tell me it cannot be updated even though they charged me £299 to do it. They did refund the £299 six months later. Does anyone know why the sat nav cannot be updated? It ofetn tells me that I'm driving off-road when I'm on roads that were built before the car.


User avatar
Guy
Posts: 1474
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:06 am
Location: Shropshire

Re: Macan satellite navigation

Post by Guy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:33 pm

Don wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:18 pm
The satellite navigation in my 2015 Macan was out of date when it was built. Porsche tell me it cannot be updated even though they charged me £299 to do it. They did refund the £299 six months later. Does anyone know why the sat nav cannot be updated? It ofetn tells me that I'm driving off-road when I'm on roads that were built before the car.
I've never known anyone on this forum successfully update the satnav dB on a PCM3.1. Mind you, most forum members change their cars so often for this not to be an issue :D

When I purchased my Macan in Sep 2015 I expected to be able to get satnav update in the future, at a cost. Now I have invested in a Brodit mount and use Waze. If I hadn't extended the warranty I would definitely be retrofitting CarPlay, possibly from here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-CarP ... SwKIdaUmu2

I suspect that for Porsche to provide PCM3.1 nav updates is simply not worth their while as most of their high-spending customers have moved onto newer models, with OTA nav updates and/or CarPlay.


goron59
Posts: 5468
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:15 am

Re: Macan satellite navigation

Post by goron59 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:57 am

Weird how Porsche PCM maps only have 3D buildings for south of the A13 Commercial Rd in London.

Maybe they think Porsche owners wouldn’t venture north into Stepney, Bow and other “dodgy” East London areas.

IMG_3556.jpeg

pcm 4 nav 3d buildings
2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70


wizzzard
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Macan satellite navigation

Post by wizzzard » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:13 pm

Does the GTS come with Sat Nav as standard or would it have been an optional extra? Not sure whether 'PCM' means Sat Nav or not...
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+


Col M
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:12 pm

Re: Macan satellite navigation

Post by Col M » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:37 pm

wizzzard wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:13 pm
Does the GTS come with Sat Nav as standard or would it have been an optional extra? Not sure whether 'PCM' means Sat Nav or not...
Sat Nav is an additional "module" to the PCM (Porsche Communication Management). But it was also in the standard equipment of the GTS. :D
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble


wizzzard
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:58 am

Re: Macan satellite navigation

Post by wizzzard » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:56 pm

Cheers Col. Good to know. Am looking at some of the classifieds and it's confusing that some mention Sat Nav whereas others don't. It's unclear what options are included at times.

Do you know if there's a list of all the standard kit that comes with the GTS?

Thanks.
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+


User avatar
Dandock
Posts: 3526
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: Macan satellite navigation

Post by Dandock » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Guy wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:33 pm
Don wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:18 pm
The satellite navigation in my 2015 Macan was out of date when it was built. Porsche tell me it cannot be updated even though they charged me £299 to do it. They did refund the £299 six months later. Does anyone know why the sat nav cannot be updated? It ofetn tells me that I'm driving off-road when I'm on roads that were built before the car.
I've never known anyone on this forum successfully update the satnav dB on a PCM3.1. Mind you, most forum members change their cars so often for this not to be an issue :D

When I purchased my Macan in Sep 2015 I expected to be able to get satnav update in the future, at a cost. Now I have invested in a Brodit mount and use Waze. If I hadn't extended the warranty I would definitely be retrofitting CarPlay, possibly from here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-CarP ... SwKIdaUmu2

I suspect that for Porsche to provide PCM3.1 nav updates is simply not worth their while as most of their high-spending customers have moved onto newer models, with OTA nav updates and/or CarPlay.
So does this retrofit from Ebay work OK? Has anyone any experience of it? And does it work with MY17?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀


User avatar
Dandock
Posts: 3526
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: Macan satellite navigation

Post by Dandock » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Wasn’t there a thread on this recently with different reports of downloads and SD cards etc?

Ed. Indeed this is. Maybe something somewhere on here...

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4792&hilit=SD+card&start=30
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀


User avatar
Guy
Posts: 1474
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:06 am
Location: Shropshire

Re: Macan satellite navigation

Post by Guy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:45 pm

Dandock wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 pm
Guy wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:33 pm
Don wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:18 pm
The satellite navigation in my 2015 Macan was out of date when it was built. Porsche tell me it cannot be updated even though they charged me £299 to do it. They did refund the £299 six months later. Does anyone know why the sat nav cannot be updated? It ofetn tells me that I'm driving off-road when I'm on roads that were built before the car.
I've never known anyone on this forum successfully update the satnav dB on a PCM3.1. Mind you, most forum members change their cars so often for this not to be an issue :D

When I purchased my Macan in Sep 2015 I expected to be able to get satnav update in the future, at a cost. Now I have invested in a Brodit mount and use Waze. If I hadn't extended the warranty I would definitely be retrofitting CarPlay, possibly from here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-CarP ... SwKIdaUmu2

I suspect that for Porsche to provide PCM3.1 nav updates is simply not worth their while as most of their high-spending customers have moved onto newer models, with OTA nav updates and/or CarPlay.
So does this retrofit from Ebay work OK? Has anyone any experience of it? And does it work with MY17?
I have no experience but have been following developments and threads about it on the US Forum. One of the posters was 'Wizard263789' who runs an independent in the Channel Islands. His site lists retrofit for both PCM3.1 and 4 here: https://www.nmautomotive.co.uk/carplay-androidauto


User avatar
Dandock
Posts: 3526
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:29 pm

Re: Macan satellite navigation

Post by Dandock » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:51 pm

Guy wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:45 pm
Dandock wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 pm
Guy wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:33 pm


I've never known anyone on this forum successfully update the satnav dB on a PCM3.1. Mind you, most forum members change their cars so often for this not to be an issue :D

When I purchased my Macan in Sep 2015 I expected to be able to get satnav update in the future, at a cost. Now I have invested in a Brodit mount and use Waze. If I hadn't extended the warranty I would definitely be retrofitting CarPlay, possibly from here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-CarP ... SwKIdaUmu2

I suspect that for Porsche to provide PCM3.1 nav updates is simply not worth their while as most of their high-spending customers have moved onto newer models, with OTA nav updates and/or CarPlay.
So does this retrofit from Ebay work OK? Has anyone any experience of it? And does it work with MY17?
I have no experience but have been following developments and threads about it on the US Forum. One of the posters was 'Wizard263789' who runs an independent in the Channel Islands. His site lists retrofit for both PCM3.1 and 4 here: https://www.nmautomotive.co.uk/carplay-androidauto
Snap! I’d just googled that myself. I see for 2017-18 Macans its only £300. I’m presuming they talking MY17 and MY18.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀


Post Reply

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”