Default start up PCM source

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
ricardoespana

Default start up PCM source

Post by ricardoespana » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:49 am

I have the older PCM, mines a 2015 and although everything else seems to stay in the memory such as seats and mirrors, the PCM will not launch on startup to Bluetooth AUX, just the radio. Is this just a weird bug or is there an update?
Is it because it takes a couple of seconds for bluetooth aux to pair with the phone? Even my android aftermarket jobby in my old bmw paired from door unlock, not ignition..

Sorry if this is common knowledge, i only got the car yesterday.

Guy

Re: Default start up PCM source

Post by Guy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:59 am

ricardoespana wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:49 am
I have the older PCM, mines a 2015 and although everything else seems to stay in the memory such as seats and mirrors, the PCM will not launch on startup to Bluetooth AUX, just the radio. Is this just a weird bug or is there an update?
Is it because it takes a couple of seconds for bluetooth aux to pair with the phone? Even my android aftermarket jobby in my old bmw paired from door unlock, not ignition..

Sorry if this is common knowledge, i only got the car yesterday.
It's a weird bug with PCM3.1! Mine defaults to quiet radio, and very occasionally very loud radio. You get used to the first but the second is always a shock :o

Although some people have apparently managed to get theirs to default to AUX, not sure about BT AUX.

ricardoespana

Re: Default start up PCM source

Post by ricardoespana » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:12 pm

Anything apart from Radio would do haha.

I will try to set it to AUX and add to memory, see if that semi solves it!

Thanks.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”