Default start up PCM source

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
ricardoespana
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:55 am

Default start up PCM source

Post by ricardoespana » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:49 am

I have the older PCM, mines a 2015 and although everything else seems to stay in the memory such as seats and mirrors, the PCM will not launch on startup to Bluetooth AUX, just the radio. Is this just a weird bug or is there an update?
Is it because it takes a couple of seconds for bluetooth aux to pair with the phone? Even my android aftermarket jobby in my old bmw paired from door unlock, not ignition..

Sorry if this is common knowledge, i only got the car yesterday.


User avatar
Guy
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:06 am
Location: Buckinghamshire

Re: Default start up PCM source

Post by Guy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:59 am

ricardoespana wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:49 am
I have the older PCM, mines a 2015 and although everything else seems to stay in the memory such as seats and mirrors, the PCM will not launch on startup to Bluetooth AUX, just the radio. Is this just a weird bug or is there an update?
Is it because it takes a couple of seconds for bluetooth aux to pair with the phone? Even my android aftermarket jobby in my old bmw paired from door unlock, not ignition..

Sorry if this is common knowledge, i only got the car yesterday.
It's a weird bug with PCM3.1! Mine defaults to quiet radio, and very occasionally very loud radio. You get used to the first but the second is always a shock :o

Although some people have apparently managed to get theirs to default to AUX, not sure about BT AUX.


ricardoespana
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:55 am

Re: Default start up PCM source

Post by ricardoespana » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:12 pm

Anything apart from Radio would do haha.

I will try to set it to AUX and add to memory, see if that semi solves it!

Thanks.


Jwargyll
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:42 pm

Re: Default start up PCM source

Post by Jwargyll » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:47 pm

My first post!! I picked up my MY16 Macan just over a week ago and would love to know if this issue is fixable. I generally listen to music from my iPhone but each time I go back to the car it automatically connects to an FM station which I’ve never listened to! It’s no big deal to change to AUX BT, but it would be nice if a car of this value could do this little thing for me.


User avatar
CharlesElliott
Posts: 803
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:11 pm

Re: Default start up PCM source

Post by CharlesElliott » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:14 pm

Seems to be common issue with VW group ICE. Tune the radio to a DAB station with a strong signal in your area, store it in a memory and select it. Then select your preferred source. Next time, it will hopefully remember your source.

Basically if the radio is tuned to a signal that doesn’t work in the area, the ICE prioritises finding a signal. Took me three months to work that out on my wife’s Audi - it always worked at her parents in Wales but never at our house!
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8


GTS Maidenhead
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:51 pm

Re: Default start up PCM source

Post by GTS Maidenhead » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:22 pm

I’ve got a 2016 Macan GTS and on startup it switchers to the local Heart radio station. I don’t have the station saved. Any ideas on how to get it to revert to a presaved station?


jk88
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:30 am
Location: Hants

Re: Default start up PCM source

Post by jk88 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:57 am

GTS Maidenhead wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:22 pm
I’ve got a 2016 Macan GTS and on startup it switchers to the local Heart radio station. I don’t have the station saved. Any ideas on how to get it to revert to a presaved station?
So, you are suffering from the same long running immensly infuriating issue I had with my 2017 GTS. Always revering to Heart on startup regardless of what I was listening to before. No amount of playing with settings could cure it.

The good news is it is fixable with a software update, Porsche eventually releasing it back in September last year, after six months of me complaining to Reading OPC .

Ask your OPC to perform a full PCM software update for you, it should be just fine then. Let me know if you need the version details to help with your quest to get it sorted.
Macan GTS - Mar 17
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH2HRSK7
Previously Macan SD


User avatar
Nuclear Nick
Posts: 2089
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:42 pm
Location: Bristol

Re: Default start up PCM source

Post by Nuclear Nick » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:44 am

jk88 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:57 am
GTS Maidenhead wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:22 pm
I’ve got a 2016 Macan GTS and on startup it switchers to the local Heart radio station. I don’t have the station saved. Any ideas on how to get it to revert to a presaved station?
Ask your OPC to perform a full PCM software update for you, it should be just fine then. Let me know if you need the version details to help with your quest to get it sorted.
That's useful information jk88. It would be very helpful you could take pics of your software versions, it's on two screens so you need to scroll down, and post here:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4792&hilit=softwar ... s&start=40
Nick

Macan Turbo, collected 6/9/16 - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHPDB6Z7

911 C2 GTS, collected 8/3/18 - http://www.porsche-code.com/PJKUPBX8

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA


GTS Maidenhead
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:51 pm

Re: Default start up PCM source

Post by GTS Maidenhead » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Thanks, great bit of knowledge and advice.

Shows how beneficial this forum is as I’ve been searching the net with no luck!

I’ll get onto Porsche Reading and report back on if the update was a fix.


jk88
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:30 am
Location: Hants

Re: Default start up PCM source

Post by jk88 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:40 am

Just remembered that I'd covered the topic in a previous post, including the screen shots

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6820&p=141739#p141739

In fact it was Nov 17 rather than last year when the fix was applied, doesn't time fly ;)

I expect it's been long superceded by now, however I'm sure the tuner fix will apply to all subsequent versions.
Macan GTS - Mar 17
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH2HRSK7
Previously Macan SD


Post Reply

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”