Brightness of led gear, temperature indicators

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Nigel B

Post by Nigel B »

Is there a way to control the brightness of the white led gear indicator on the instrument cluster and also the temperature levels on the lower central unit. Mine are extremely bright and glaring in the dark. I can’t find any of the brightness controls that change them.

Botis

Post by Botis »

There is a little dial at the bottom of the speedo. Twist left/right to control brightness

Page 132 in the owners manual has more info.
Current
2017 Macan Turbo

Gone
2016 Macan SD
Nigel B

Post by Nigel B »

Thanks but already tried this. Reduces the lights on the instrument panel but doesn’t change the brightness on the white led temperature numbers on the central tunnel unit.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Nigel B wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:46 pm Thanks but already tried this. Reduces the lights on the instrument panel but doesn’t change the brightness on the white led temperature numbers on the central tunnel unit.
Did you try this with the ignition and lights on whilst parked in darkness, as the ambient light sensor will affect this? The centre console lights, including the temperature numbers, certainly adjust up and down in brightness on my MY17 Turbo. The effect appears greater on the switch lighting, less so on the brighter temperature numbers, but they do dim up and down nevertheless.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Blackmike

Post by Blackmike »

Hi, I’ve recently acquired an early (2014) Macan S (Diesel) and have exactly the same issue, very bright and glaring indicators for the internal cabin temperature. I’ve tried the dim control next to the speedo and gone through all of the options on the menus and the internal lights on the roof, all to no avail. I don't really want to have to take the central tunnel apart unless there’s a good reason to do it. There are no code faults reports on the diagnostic computer either, so it’s a bit of an odd one. Anyone else have this problem or any suggestions? I’m going to cover these with headlight tint film if I can’t find an answer as these indicators are driving me crazy during night driving….all of the other instrument lights dim as you’d expect. Perhaps its a software issue but I can’t get an answer from Porsche UK about it, so any thoughts would be welcomed…