How is my Nav getting traffic updates?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
slayb

Post by slayb »

Hi all,
First post here.

I recently got a 2017 Porsche Macan (although I believe built 2016). It doesn't have Porsche Connect (confirmed with dealer at service), and no SIM slot in the box between seats, behind the flap under the Nav or the glovebox. Yet it manages to get traffic updates somehow. How is that? Not complaining by any means, was expecting to pay for Connect services, but if it is "free", that's fantastic! :lol:

Note my phone wasn't connected via Bluetooth, and on at least one occasion, not plugged in via USB, and certainly not creating a hotspot.

cheers,
Slayb

pmg

Post by pmg »

Someone has said previously on the forum the cars receive traffic info from the radio FM rds/ta service if no connect sub in place. The info is not as up to date as that generated by the more recent phone based services
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Very strange.

703EC334-307B-4D91-9E02-7DED74AA534A.png

The subscription fees for a Macan with Connect to give the services shown above is £139 per year

I have Connect+ and my subs have expired and I currently have no live traffic information.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags