Navigation Unavailable on my New (used) Porsche

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Karsten36

Post by Karsten36 »

Hi,

I have just bought a new (used) Macan (late 2016). The dealer is saying that the nav has been disabled and I cannot have it because Porsche removed it. It doesnt sound right so I wanted to check if anyone else could tell me if he is talking rubbish or this was actually a thing.

Cheers!

pmg

Post by pmg »

You do not say whether the dealer was an OPC or independent?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

I think that sounds like complete tosh.

Nav is either fitted or it isn't and from memory in 2016 it was optional so if the first owner didn't spec it then it isn't there and will cost a fortune to retrofit.

I assume the dealer is non-Porsche and either doesn't know or is pulling your chain.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Karsten36

Post by Karsten36 »

Porsche Centre in Hatfield so definitely a dealer.
pmg

Post by pmg »

So it is a Porsche Approved vehicle and built 2016 when nav was optional ? What did the list of optional fitted extras say in the sales description re Nav and items like Porsche connect plus? I can see never been fitted more than deleted.
Karsten36

Post by Karsten36 »

On with Porsche parts now.... seems the sales guy has made up a story as to why it was removed vs saying it was never on the car. Feels like a call to their management team.
pmg

Post by pmg »

i was just looking on the approved used listings, every 2016 car I have looked at shows "Navigation Module for Porsche Communication Management (PCM)"
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

to be fair to the OPC, listings at Porsche dealers are 99.9% spot on. If there was no mention of nav on the for sale listing then no nav fitted. Could be a case of buyer beware, unless the sales bod (or Retail Manager it is now) said it came with nav, in which case you have them by the sensitive hits so don’t hesitate to squeeze a little.

Good luck!
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Karsten36 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:49 pm On with Porsche parts now.... seems the sales guy has made up a story as to why it was removed vs saying it was never on the car. Feels like a call to their management team.
Did they state Nav was included in the spec when you bought it? If so you've got them by the short and curlies. If not you've got a choice chase them for the sales guy telling you porkies in the hope they'll give you something (contribution to a retrofit?) or accept it and move on.

One question (and I think the answer is no but not 100% sure), can you have CarPlay fitted without the Nav module? If so and it turns out you can't resolve the issue I'd have that fitted and use Waze or Maps.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
Col M

Post by Col M »

Miopyk wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:28 pm
Karsten36 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:49 pm On with Porsche parts now.... seems the sales guy has made up a story as to why it was removed vs saying it was never on the car. Feels like a call to their management team.
Did they state Nav was included in the spec when you bought it? If so you've got them by the short and curlies. If not you've got a choice chase them for the sales guy telling you porkies in the hope they'll give you something (contribution to a retrofit?) or accept it and move on.

One question (and I think the answer is no but not 100% sure), can you have CarPlay fitted without the Nav module? If so and it turns out you can't resolve the issue I'd have that fitted and use Waze or Maps.
Yes you can but does need the GPS Antenna. Possibly even less complex than this if you don’t want voice control.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble