Ipod compatibility

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
happy days

Post by happy days »

AndyC160 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:24 am
happy days wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:52 am Load the tunes onto the inbuilt Jukebox memory?
How do you do that if it doesn't recognize the usb connection?
Transfer the songs onto an SD card and upload that.
Macan S D
718 S

Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

So this weekend I transferred all my iTunes songs onto a usb and loaded them onto Jukebox. In case it helps anyone, the steps using iTunes are:

1. In iTunes song view, select the playlist or album from the lh list and then highlight from the list presented all the individual tracks you want copied

2. go to ‘file/convert’ on the menu top left and hit ‘Create mp3 version’. note this will create either mp3 or mp4 files

3. then copy the files you see in front of you - these should be the newly created files- onto an inserted usb memory stick

4. switch on the car, press source on the pcm and select ‘usb’. Once the first track starts to play press the ‘opt’ button which will bring up a sub menu including ‘copy to Jukebox’ option. Select this then select ‘all’. This will copy all the usb contents onto Jukebox.

5. I did all this with a single track first off to make sure it all worked

and very soon I had 4000 tracks on Jukebox. Using the same usb it is possible to add more tracks without having to remove the ones already on. When the usb is inserted Jukebox ignores all tracks already downloaded to it and allows you to add on only the new tracks, which is useful and time saving.

hope this helps....
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Thanks...that's a great write up. I need to find some time to get my music organized and in the jukebox. Does it recognise albums and order of songs on an album? I guess it should.
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

tbh my next step was to overwrite it all with the music split into album folders or playlists but I think it has already recognised albums so we’ll see. Need to dig deeper but for the moment just happy to have got it all on.