Wireless charging and Wireless CarPlay mod to 2017 GTS

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

rnbarrett wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:52 pm
Madelvic wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:55 pm
Beau_BBA wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:52 am Hi Madelvic, any chance I could get one of these sent over to Australia for a 2021 MY21 GTS?
I can, postage will be fairly expensive though. I'll pm you. Many thanks
Any chance you can ship to the US, too? I'd have PM'd you on this, but I just joined and can't send PM's, yet.

Also - any chance you can design something similar for a 9Y0 Cayenne? I'm looking for an insert to go here (for the wife's Cayenne), but don't need wireless charging. If you can share the file, I just take the file and add a connector to the bottom, and wire this up to the center console storage for USB connectivity. I can even ship you the extra part I bought and the molding I made. I have my own 3d printer, just haven't had time to design this, and the wife is getting impatient. :)
IMG_0937.jpeg
IMG_0914.jpeg
IMG_0997.jpeg
Sent you a pm. I can make an insert with an Apple lightning cable held captive for the Cayenne and can sort out a Macan charger for you too :-)
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver

rnbarrett

Post by rnbarrett »

Evidently, I have not, yet, earned the privilege of replying to PM's, yet. Let me get a little more active on this site and I'll reply when I can. :)
Nathaniel03

Post by Nathaniel03 »

Hi Madelvic can you make one for me for a Porsche Macan 2017 and if so how do I get in contact with you. I only recently joined and it doesn’t let me message you directly.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Nathaniel03 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:21 pm Hi Madelvic can you make one for me for a Porsche Macan 2017 and if so how do I get in contact with you. I only recently joined and it doesn’t let me message you directly.
Sent you a PM (I think you have to have done 3 or 4 posts before it allows sending PMs)
Nathaniel03

Post by Nathaniel03 »

Would it be available with Apple car play option and I’ve sent you a email
Craig87

Post by Craig87 »

Would this work with the new iPhone 13 Pro? Wondering if you are utilising a Matlock charger in any way to keep it from 'slipping' around and missing the charging port.

Im very interested in grabbing one of these for my Gen 2 Macan Turbo ive just picked up. Couldn't believe the lack of phone storage tbh, I completely overlooked it
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Yes to the iPhone 13 Pro, no to the Max (so far). The Max is just too big to sit inside the cubby hole.

As for chargers do you mean MagSafe? The design can easily be adapted for different brands of charger and I've been partly forced down this route. I started with a Belkin 5W charger but they aren't available any longer. I moved to Juice 5W and they are very hard to come by. I tried a Belkin 10W but the USB port won't support more than 5W. I have found recently a 2A cigarette lighter adapter that will support the Belkin 10W

Happy to make another
Walters

Post by Walters »

That holder looks great, better than anything I can find on the market.

I'd like to get one of the wireless units for my new Gen II GTS if possible, as I am new member I cannot PM so if you could contact me that would be great.

Many thanks
Craig87

Post by Craig87 »

Madelvic wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:34 pm Yes to the iPhone 13 Pro, no to the Max (so far). The Max is just too big to sit inside the cubby hole.

As for chargers do you mean MagSafe? The design can easily be adapted for different brands of charger and I've been partly forced down this route. I started with a Belkin 5W charger but they aren't available any longer. I moved to Juice 5W and they are very hard to come by. I tried a Belkin 10W but the USB port won't support more than 5W. I have found recently a 2A cigarette lighter adapter that will support the Belkin 10W

Happy to make another
Sorry I did mean the MagSafe. Let me test my MagSafe Apple charger in the car now and come back to you
Craig87

Post by Craig87 »

Madelvic wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:34 pm Yes to the iPhone 13 Pro, no to the Max (so far). The Max is just too big to sit inside the cubby hole.

Happy to make another
Ive tested my standard Apple MagSafe charger in car and it works fine from the USB-C port in the armrest storage, so this should work fine. If you would be happy to make one for a MagSafe Apple charger then id be happy to purchase one from you, delivery in the UK :) This is for Standard iPhone 13 Pro (NOT MAX)

Does that work? If so PM me please. Thanks, Craig!