Wireless charging and Wireless CarPlay mod to 2017 GTS

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Sure quite a few of us would like to buy the Wireless charger if you were able to make a few!
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.

rob_911

Post by rob_911 »

Absolutely. I would also be keen to pay good money for one of the 3D inserts.
Current: 2017 Macan GTS
Sold: 2012 911 Carrera S PDK
Sold: 2006 911 Carrera S Manual
Botis

Post by Botis »

+1 With the https://cplay2air.com/ adapter it would make a great solution
Current
2017 Macan Turbo

Gone
2016 Macan SD
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Sorry for not replying. I seem to have fallen off this thread - not been getting any updates!

Yes I'd be happy to print holders for anybody that wants one or share the design. PM me.

I will provide the insert along with the Belkin charger (to make sure it fits nicely). If you are interested please bare in mind that this is a printed not moulded product and it is easy to see the additive print lines (the printer melts PLA plastic at 210 degrees and lays down a bead 0.3mm in diameter building up the layers).

I had considered covering the charger with sticky backed felt but I like it as it is

I've also made one for my Boxster that also works in a Cayman and 911

The charger works perfectly.

As I've mentioned, I'm using the wireless adapter in my Boxster now as it is or more use to me. The Boxster has an aftermarket double din Pioneer head unit (SPH DA120) that has an FM radio and (wired) Apple CarPlay capabilities only. The Lightening cable ran into the centre console of the Boxster and it was a fiddle plugging it in. I'd often forget before driving off. Now the Boxster has wireless CarPlay and it works a treat

The wireless adapter in the Macan worked well too. I did find the Google Maps a little 'laggy' a few times, ie the icon showing current location wasn't always where I was. And once or twice it struggled to connect to the PCM

I have decided to stick with functionality in the PCM3 anyway - maps were every bit as good and phone worked better PCM vs CarPlay. I have musician SD cards and that works just fine too. Simply a personal choice
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Connoisseur wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:14 pm Am late to this having only just installed the wireless car play solution, which is working perfectly. V impressed with your wireless charging solution Maldevic, which, when added to CPlayAir really does give the full package. Am also just about to attempt first instal of pocket gps speed camera files to my 2017 pcm ( 4 I think) so thanks also for the thread and steer on that.

Appreciate you posted sometime ago but hope you don’t mind a couple of questions. First did/does the OEM phone holder in the console cause fitting issues at all for the Belkin holder you designed and printed? Secondly after a few months is the Belkin power daisy chained via the CPlay dongle continuing to work ok, or is the charging hit and miss given the limited space in the console with the cables and dongle in place?

Well done again, v tempted👍🙂
Thanks

I'd bought a Porsche console that insert on this forum but it doesn't fit my car (that has rectangular oblong shape nearest the driver). The holder was designed to slot in and there is plenty of space underneath for CarPlay adapters, cables etc

This is a pic of my console for comparison

IMG_2084.JPG

Botis

Post by Botis »

Great 👍

PM Sent
Current
2017 Macan Turbo

Gone
2016 Macan SD
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

Have just fitted Madelvic’s wireless car play adaptor and charger unit. Simply put, it is very, very good. All works perfectly, v good fit and I think the finish goes well with the car. Great job👍

60F68AB1-85FE-494D-949A-ECBA4857D8DA.jpeg

Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Mine is on its way, looks great!!!
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Two variations on a theme. Belkin has stopped selling the charger so I've just modded the design to use a Juice branded charger instead.

The charger is slightly smaller (and I've used two in a 911 and a Boxster so know they are good)

IMG_2107.JPG

I've also modded the original to take an iPhone 11 Pro plus case, stretching the dimensions

IMG_2095.JPG

Been busy trying to work out how to make one to fit a Gen 2 car - still work in progress

It was never my intent to make these for others, but whilst there is demand I'm happy to. PM for more details

Cheers

Richard
rob_911

Post by rob_911 »

Thank you for modding one for my 11 Pro Plus. I can't wait to receive it
Current: 2017 Macan GTS
Sold: 2012 911 Carrera S PDK
Sold: 2006 911 Carrera S Manual