DAB Radio - So annoying

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Guy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:09 pm
wildfire2004 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:48 pm This is interesting BUYERS should take note. When selling a car - an independent dealer does not have to stipulate that it is a GREY IMPORT. The responsibility lies with the buyer. I have checked with the citizen's advice bureau and they confirmed that is the case. So no legal ground for the buyer.

However, I went back to the car dealer and said the car mis-advertised as DAB Radio was mentioned as inclusive. They have reverted with an offer £1k as compensation, so I have accepted. Not quite the cost of DAB Radio upgrade but better than nothing.

Interesting. Have you checked the rest of the spec to see how it compares against UK? Do you know that it is fully UK road legal? Does it have a Type Approval Number entered at page 2 of the V5? Are the emissions OK? Which way do the headlights dip? Would it pass a UK MOT?

Also, have you told your insurance company that it is a Grey Import? They usually ask.
Certainly a check that should be made. 3 insurance companies I use/used refused to insure a grey market car not too long ago.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi.
If anyone needs any help with insurance for an imported vehicle then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.