DAB Radio - So annoying

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

wildfire2004 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:25 pm This is so annoying. Unbelievable that Porsche cannot offer any cost-effective solution to the lack of DAB Radio issue.
Replacement unit £5000 OMG

I recently bought a Porsche 2016 Macan One aspect of the car entertainment system that is very annoying is that it does not have the DAB Radio option. I overlooked this thinking 2016 surely has a DAB radio. As I had 2008 BMW previous that did.

I was wondering if you anyone can help. I have jukebox, reserve camera and Sat Nav with a BOSE system Would love to have DAB radio as it offers clarity of audio and would be deal for the BOSE system.

The USB option seems to be the best cost-effective solution https://www.dension.com/automotive/prod ... tions/dabu

I need someone locally to supply and fit a solution. I am based in Surrey, UK
Have you checked the PCM and looked at the radio options / source?

Screenshot_20201001-123113_Porsche Good to know.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

wildfire2004

Post by wildfire2004 »

It seems my Macan 2016 - DAB option was not installed. Which is very strange and I cannot understand why Porsche did not include this as standard at the time. Very disappointing. Plus any option to upgrade is not cost effective.
Guy

Post by Guy »

wildfire2004 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:50 am It seems my Macan 2016 - DAB option was not installed. Which is very strange and I cannot understand why Porsche did not include this as standard at the time. Very disappointing. Plus any option to upgrade is not cost effective.
If it is a UK spec car, DAB was standard. Perhaps it is faulty - the DAB is a separate module/PCB inside the PCM, so perhaps one of its connectors is loose.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Guy wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:17 am
wildfire2004 wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:50 am It seems my Macan 2016 - DAB option was not installed. Which is very strange and I cannot understand why Porsche did not include this as standard at the time. Very disappointing. Plus any option to upgrade is not cost effective.
If it is a UK spec car, DAB was standard. Perhaps it is faulty - the DAB is a separate module/PCB inside the PCM, so perhaps one of its connectors is loose.
If Wildfire bought car from OPC, I assume covered by guarantee and if fault they should repair?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

pmg wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:26 am
If Wildfire bought car from OPC, I assume covered by guarantee and if fault they should repair?
You might be able to Bluetooth FM radio from your phone, which station are you after?
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Paul

Post by Paul »

pmg wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:26 am

As above - standard UK spec. UK car supplied (even used) by an OPC should resolve....
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
wildfire2004

Post by wildfire2004 »

I bought my 2016 Macan from an independent dealer. I shall name and shame, that was Beck Evans in Sidcup. I discovered that my Macan though 2016 was built with APAC (ASIA Pacific) specification, which does not include DAB Radio. Porsche GB confirmed that DAB radio is not included in the APAC kit option. Though my car was never shipped to the ASIA Pacific region - it is classified as a GREY IMPORT.

They have offered a 1K refund but I guess I have lost over £3k because the resell value will now be a lot less and I would not have paid the asking price. My point is Beck Evans knew this all along, buyers beware. It seems to be a trick of the trade.

The lesson that I have learnt is the onus is on the buyer to find out and not the seller to make it clear that it is a grey import. So annoying.
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

When did you buy the car?
I would have thought, if they had not declared the car as a grey import, you would have some rejection rights.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
wildfire2004

Post by wildfire2004 »

This is interesting BUYERS should take note. When selling a car - an independent dealer does not have to stipulate that it is a GREY IMPORT. The responsibility lies with the buyer. I have checked with the citizen's advice bureau and they confirmed that is the case. So no legal ground for the buyer.

However, I went back to the car dealer and said the car mis-advertised as DAB Radio was mentioned as inclusive. They have reverted with an offer £1k as compensation, so I have accepted. Not quite the cost of DAB Radio upgrade but better than nothing.
Guy

Post by Guy »

wildfire2004 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:48 pm This is interesting BUYERS should take note. When selling a car - an independent dealer does not have to stipulate that it is a GREY IMPORT. The responsibility lies with the buyer. I have checked with the citizen's advice bureau and they confirmed that is the case. So no legal ground for the buyer.

However, I went back to the car dealer and said the car mis-advertised as DAB Radio was mentioned as inclusive. They have reverted with an offer £1k as compensation, so I have accepted. Not quite the cost of DAB Radio upgrade but better than nothing.

Interesting. Have you checked the rest of the spec to see how it compares against UK? Do you know that it is fully UK road legal? Does it have a Type Approval Number entered at page 2 of the V5? Are the emissions OK? Which way do the headlights dip? Would it pass a UK MOT?

Also, have you told your insurance company that it is a Grey Import? They usually ask.