Carplay not playing through car speakers after ignition temporarily off

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Botis

Post by Botis »

Sorry to hear you have the same problem but selfishly glad I’m not the only one that has the issue!

Would be interested to know the software versions of your PCM. Will attach mine for comparison.

B8CB53EB-FA13-4597-BB67-7B9C8454277B.jpeg

8B162175-3756-41CB-9FBB-43D02B2E707B.jpeg

Given you have just collected the car from an OPC, will you be taking the matter up with them? Very keen to know the outcome if you do.
Current
2017 Macan Turbo

Gone
2016 Macan SD

Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

In case it helps here are my equivalents from a MY18.

On a different but related note am wondering whether the issue, if not pcm software related, is to do with the various phone/WiFi/sim settings? Am not sure of the ground yet so will look in detail and come back.

C

FA128939-D187-41CC-89EA-A09FF8D956C0.jpeg

F53FB491-FBAA-423C-B46D-53622A77F17C.jpeg

111rdw

Post by 111rdw »

Here you go

BA512430-3916-4C53-9EBA-FA307838BB3E.jpeg

E0D2F1FD-D860-40C9-84C6-122D5D379B87.jpeg

Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

i also suffer the same thing on mine too.

I also use the wireless carplay - and both exhibit same issue.

The frustrating thing is that its random - so when Porsche looks at it - they say it doesnt occur.

I also have the MY17 turbo. and i have taken my car into service and check twice. Last years service - East London OPC says theres no update for my PCM - twice - my car hasnt been updated ever and its still a 2017 map. They say, because i dont have connect plus - theres no SIM/Wifi update - and there isnt one available.

Next year - i will need to take my car in for another service before the end of warranty - I will probably get a extended 2 years.

However, i doubt very much i will take to East London again - as whatever i tell them - theres a big reason why not to do it.
I may try Brooklands - as i have heard they are more helpful (& honest) apparently...?

I also have a question - When i am at a traffic light and the auto-engine-off kicks in....There has been times when the traffic lights turn green and i press the accelerator, and its dead for 2-3seconds, and then engines comes back on and the car slowly moves - is this normal?

2.jpg

1.jpg

Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
Botis

Post by Botis »

Thanks Gredduk

Interesting that it has been raised with an OPC and they have not heard of it happening before. Judging from this thread it does seem that its not such an isolated issue. I can recreate the situation most of the time so will discuss with my OPC at the next visit.

I will consolidate the screen shot data into a table to see if anything can be deduced from that. Will also ask responders on this thread for phone model and IOS versions to see if that shows anything.

On your final point about stop/start delay I would raise in a new thread so it can be discussed in its own right. Personally I've not seen that behavior in fact mine rarely engages stop/start but putting that down to electrical load and battery voltage. I'm not using it much at the moment and only for small trips so kind of expecting that.
Current
2017 Macan Turbo

Gone
2016 Macan SD
Connoisseur

Post by Connoisseur »

Botis wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:58 am I got one of these

https://cplay2air.com

Did a bit of research and seen a few mixed reviews but happy to say it works well for me. They are shipped from China but only took 10 days from order to delivery. Will try and find the discount code I used and post here later
Just to finish this off I received the CPlay2air today, installed in minutes to my MY18 Macan, updated the firmware as instructed and it is working perfectly. A great piece of kit which makes wireless CarPlay a reality on pre-facelift cars.

Thanks again Botis👍
Botis

Post by Botis »

Connoisseur wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:50 pm
Botis wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:58 am I got one of these

https://cplay2air.com

Did a bit of research and seen a few mixed reviews but happy to say it works well for me. They are shipped from China but only took 10 days from order to delivery. Will try and find the discount code I used and post here later
Just to finish this off I received the CPlay2air today, installed in minutes to my MY18 Macan, updated the firmware as instructed and it is working perfectly. A great piece of kit which makes wireless CarPlay a reality on pre-facelift cars.

Thanks again Botis👍
Glad its worked out for you too. All we need to complete the wirefree solution is for Madelvic so sell his brilliant 3D printed wireless charger tray.

Any chance Madelvic ?
Current
2017 Macan Turbo

Gone
2016 Macan SD