Connection to Google Maps

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
FlyingBiker

Post by FlyingBiker »

It appears impossible to import POIs into the Gen2 Macan Naviagtion system, if I am wrong please supply the method.
I have been trying to find a alternative solution, what I have found is an option on Google Maps.
Add your car
Go to google.com/maps/sendtocar.
In the top right, click Sign in and enter your account information.
Click Add car or GPS device.
Choose your car manufacturer and type in your account ID. To find your ID, sign in to your car manufacturer’s website.
Optional: To find your car easily in the future, add a name for your car.
Click OK. To add another car, click Add another car or GPS device.
End Quote
Porsche is listed in the manufactures list.
However, how do I find the Account ID? I have the 8 digit pairing code for MyPorsche, but that does not work
I have not purchased the Porsche Connect, so that may be the problem. If anybody has a Porsche Connect account and can interface between Google Maps and the Macan Naviagtion system please let me know.
Otherwise has any found another method of connecting Google Maps to the Macan.

davewf

Post by davewf »

You have to have created the account on Porsche Connect https://login.porsche.com/login/gb/en_GB however this is a subscription service I think its about £120 or so a year. The account id google wants is the login email address not the 8 digit code, i think from memory that is what you put into the PCM to link to Porsche connect.

It used to work but when I tried on Monday the "send to car option" on google had gone missing, although I could see that Google still had my car listed.

I was however was surprised when I got into the car and entered the company name in the destination field so see that it went off and searched google for the destination address and I was able to select it and it added it as my destination, perhaps that's always been there but I don't recall seeing it.

I have the PCM 2 as well.
FlyingBiker

Post by FlyingBiker »

Thanks, I thought that was the case but wanted to make sure before signing up.