Google Earth overlay

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
pmg

Post by pmg »

AllanG wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:06 pm Many thanks @dangeeza and pmg...Iโ€™ll check my options tomorrow ๐Ÿ‘ Hopefully, itโ€™s something simple Iโ€™m not doing!
The thing that first confused me when I got to the car there is Map view settings where most of the options are but not the satellite view one which is under "online navigation settings further down
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

pmg

Post by pmg »

pmg wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:13 pm
AllanG wrote: โ†‘Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:06 pm Many thanks @dangeeza and pmg...Iโ€™ll check my options tomorrow ๐Ÿ‘ Hopefully, itโ€™s something simple Iโ€™m not doing!
The thing that first confused me when I got to the car there is Map view settings where most of the options are but not the satellite view one which is under "online navigation settings further down and may not show until you scroll down
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Still no luck! โ˜น๏ธ

I have the satellite map, 3D map, Auto zoom & POI options ticked in the drop down menu, and the Online navigation + product impr. & Satellite map ticked in the Option - Online nav. services + prod. impr. option.

It looks like I have the same options selected as both of you, but Iโ€™m still not seeing the Google map โ˜น๏ธโ˜น๏ธ
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
pmg

Post by pmg »

AllanG wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:03 am Still no luck! โ˜น๏ธ

I have the satellite map, 3D map, Auto zoom & POI options ticked in the drop down menu, and the Online navigation + product impr. & Satellite map ticked in the Option - Online nav. services + prod. impr. option.

It looks like I have the same options selected as both of you, but Iโ€™m still not seeing the Google map โ˜น๏ธโ˜น๏ธ
Have you got " traffic information" ticked are you seeing it on map?

If not it looks like a Porche Connect problem and I would ring them
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Finally...success ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ The problem was that I hadnโ€™t activated the imbedded SIM to allow it to connect to the network......though Iโ€™m not sure which option I ticked to achieve this, but Google Earth map is working so Iโ€™m happy.......thanks to dangezza and pmg for their help ๐Ÿ‘
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

AllanG wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:05 pm Finally...success ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ The problem was that I hadnโ€™t activated the imbedded SIM to allow it to connect to the network......though Iโ€™m not sure which option I ticked to achieve this, but Google Earth map is working so Iโ€™m happy.......thanks to dangezza and pmg for their help ๐Ÿ‘
What about me ๐Ÿ˜ข
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dogโ€™s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Tracky wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:40 pm
AllanG wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:05 pm Finally...success ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ The problem was that I hadnโ€™t activated the imbedded SIM to allow it to connect to the network......though Iโ€™m not sure which option I ticked to achieve this, but Google Earth map is working so Iโ€™m happy.......thanks to dangezza and pmg for their help ๐Ÿ‘
What about me ๐Ÿ˜ข
Apologies Tracky...thanks to you also ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

AllanG wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:26 pm
Tracky wrote: โ†‘Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:40 pm
What about me ๐Ÿ˜ข
Apologies Tracky...thanks to you also ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ˜‚
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dogโ€™s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S