Standard Macan Sound System

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
oilman4345

Post by oilman4345 »

Hi,
I am in process of hunting for a 2019 Macan and read how Bose and (obviously) Burmeister are considerably better.
As I would not like the stereo to be a deal breaker, what is the main weakness in the standard system? I do not require "superb" sound but would change speakers if they are the issue .

paulmac

Post by paulmac »

Current : Macan Gen2
Current : Cayman 981
andreas

Post by andreas »

You're in a car, not a concert theatre, and there are loads of other noises and vibrations competing with your car's sound system. The standard system is, I find, more than adequate, and as a result I couldn't come to terms with the option price for alternative systems. If you just want to sit in your drive with the engine off and listen to music, you might disagree.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

“ there are loads of other noises and vibrations competing with your car's sound system. The standard system is, I find, more than adequate, and as a result I couldn't come to terms with the option price for alternative systems”

Totally agree and with tinnitus the last thing I want to do is splash out on a high end audio system for a car when there are so many other sources of noise. Then again each to their own......
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

I have quite expensive tastes in Hi-Fi at home. To be honest the standard system is actually not too bad. Especially if you feed it a high high quality source. I have all my music in FLAC format on an SD card. Set bass to -1 and treble to +3 or 4 and away you go. I have a 2017 car where the amp is built into the head unit in the standard system. On early cars they do have a separate amp in the basic system but they don’t sound as good as the later ones aparently.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
oilman4345

Post by oilman4345 »

Thanks for the responses.
I think that if the car I choose has only the standard system, I will be able to live with it.
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Depends a bit what you listen to as well.

I eventually chose the Burm, it's very well balanced and has a better bass performance.

I've got loads of classical organ in the cards and like a bit of dance.

You don't want to be driving for any length of time at full volume though whatever you get

We used to have a lot of work vehicles delivered with 5wpc head units as anything else would break HSE limits over an 8 hour day.

John Deere so they also spent a fortune on creating a quiet cab.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

The S I finally rejected had the standard system. My GTS has the Bose.
To be honest I find the Bose only marginally better than the standard system and it would not be a deal breaker for me.
What would be is if the car had the standard halogen lights which were appalling IMHO.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Had standard in my last Macan
Bose in Caymans and 911previously.
The standard system in the Macan IMO is really good.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Standard system in the loaner was fine.

Bose in my own Macan is good but not audiophile.

What is more important is seating, PASM, wheels, spare, lights etc
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags