Navigation Favourites disappear after one month?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

I was saving favourite destinations directly in the PCM for the last 20 months and all disappeared. So, it is not the App issue, which I don’t use anyway.

Something clandestine is happening as I saved one new destination yesterday and it was gone today (shock and horror)

Recently my Macan S was in for repairs so I thought that some enthusiastic technician reset the entire vehicle. Now I read in this forum that it is a broader issue.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4

Pivot

Post by Pivot »

All my PCM-saved destinations re-appeared miraculously, with no intervention from my side.
I suspect that the stored locations actually live on the (VAG) swarm system and someone was doing some upgrades or maintenance, which affected us.
Has anyone on this forum got an official explanation?
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
pmg

Post by pmg »

Yes, something weird happened on Thursday, when all my recent destinations from the last month disappeared and were replaced with ones from sometime back certainly a few months may be more than 6. next due to use the vehicle on Tuesday and will look more closely at what present and will have a look at contents of favourites.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

PBT147 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:27 am Hi thanks for your replies. However this issue isn't relating to favourites, it's "recent destination" these disappear on every trip. I.e if I input say Manchester this morning, then on my return Input Leeds then once back in Leeds I look for recent destinations they have completely gone.
That sounds wrong.

Mine are all there indefinitely in the old 2018 Macan.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
pmg

Post by pmg »

Tim92gts wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:12 pm
PBT147 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:27 am Hi thanks for your replies. However this issue isn't relating to favourites, it's "recent destination" these disappear on every trip. I.e if I input say Manchester this morning, then on my return Input Leeds then once back in Leeds I look for recent destinations they have completely gone.
That sounds wrong.

Mine are all there indefinitely in the old 2018 Macan.
I am wondering whether there is a difference between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 cars ( or in the language of some pre and post 2019 facelift) with the latter having over the air updates to the nav system and such updates overriding something.
FlyingBiker

Post by FlyingBiker »

Sorry to here that you are losing your favourites but I cannot get my destinations/favourites into the system to loss.
Are you entering them on the cars GPS screen or are you using the Connect App.
Please view my recent post for full story.
pmg

Post by pmg »

pmg wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:47 am Yes, something weird happened on Thursday, when all my recent destinations from the last month disappeared and were replaced with ones from sometime back certainly a few months may be more than 6. next due to use the vehicle on Tuesday and will look more closely at what present and will have a look at contents of favourites.
Recent destinations working normally last few days
pmg

Post by pmg »

pmg wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:21 pm
pmg wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:47 am Yes, something weird happened on Thursday, when all my recent destinations from the last month disappeared and were replaced with ones from sometime back certainly a few months may be more than 6. next due to use the vehicle on Tuesday and will look more closely at what present and will have a look at contents of favourites.
Recent destinations working normally last few days
but this morning Monday, no recent destinations at all and home entry lost!!!!!!
bbpxbbpx

Post by bbpxbbpx »

It happened to mine occasionally, but they are either back a bit later, or in the next restart. Maybe another gremlin somewhere.
Ben

2019 Macan S Night Blue
1995 993 C2 Midnight Blue
2015 Macan S Agate Grey - SOLD