Navigation Favourites disappear after one month?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Psardo

Post by Psardo »

Hello,

I have been using Navigation Favourites since I got my Macan (MY2020) in March 2020 and one thing that always annoyed my is that after some time favourites always disappear. This last time I started paying a bit more attention and know I have the "feeling" that they disappear more or less after one month being created.

To be honest with the Covid lockdown and not using the car so often, I can not tell if this applies to all favourites or just to the ones not used often as all of the favourites I setup at the end of December / begin of Jan have now disappeared.

They also seem to disappear in groups. I remember that I setup my favourites in 2 different days, and all favourites created on the first day disappear all at the same time and a couple of days later all the favourites I created on the second day also disappear all at the same time.

Question: Does the PCM or even MyPorsche service automatically remove non used favourites? If not, does anybody understands why they disappear?

I do not use multiple PCM profiles. I am the only driver and I only use one key.

Thanks

Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Yes I too am experiencing loss of favourites on my Sept 2019 Macan.

They seem to disappear both from MyPorsche online, and from the car, periodically.

I reported the issue to Porsche but they didn’t have any answer.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Psardo

Post by Psardo »

I am starting to think that this is a "feature" and not a bug. See the attached from the Good To know app

Although I really do not understand why they implemented this stupid feature.

IMG_0931.jpeg

Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Psardo wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:02 pm I am starting to think that this is a "feature" and not a bug. See the attached from the Good To know app

Although I really do not understand why they implemented this stupid feature.

IMG_0931.jpeg
Well spotted. This explains why after setting up my ‘Home’ online via MyPorsche, and sending it to the car, then a few weeks later the car ‘forgets’ where home is. This has happened repeatedly.

I am equally perplexed why Porsche would implement such a stupid feature.

Presumably any favourites you want to keep have to be directly entered into the PCM (after you’ve logged in).
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

I had exactly the same problem with my navigation favourites disappearing from my 2020 Macan S after I’d transferred them to my PCM from MyPorsche app, however, finally I found that if you selected each individual destination from the PCM after transfer, there was an option box which allows you to save the destination directly to the Favourites, which thereby stores them directly to the PCM memory, so they are then available in Favourites even if you don’t have your phone connected.

Hope this may help solve your problems.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Psardo

Post by Psardo »

AllanG wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:43 pm I had exactly the same problem with my navigation favourites disappearing from my 2020 Macan S after I’d transferred them to my PCM from MyPorsche app, however, finally I found that if you selected each individual destination from the PCM after transfer, there was an option box which allows you to save the destination directly to the Favourites, which thereby stores them directly to the PCM memory, so they are then available in Favourites even if you don’t have your phone connected.

Would you mind posting some pictures on how you do that? I can not find any option to do that on mine.

Thanks in advance for your help!
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Psardo wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:26 am
AllanG wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:43 pm I had exactly the same problem with my navigation favourites disappearing from my 2020 Macan S after I’d transferred them to my PCM from MyPorsche app, however, finally I found that if you selected each individual destination from the PCM after transfer, there was an option box which allows you to save the destination directly to the Favourites, which thereby stores them directly to the PCM memory, so they are then available in Favourites even if you don’t have your phone connected.

Would you mind posting some pictures on how you do that? I can not find any option to do that on mine.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Apologies, but I’m afraid I may have misinformed you above of the method I thought I used for permanently storing destinations on the PCM, as I’ve just remembered that to do so, I had to find the destination using the PCM search, then store it directly to the PCM, i.e. I did not use the MyPorsche app to send the destinations to the PCM.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Following on with this issue, I contacted Porsche UK to find out if the 30 day deletion of online destinations could be removed, and this is the reply I’ve received:-

“ Thank you for your patience in this matter and I hope that my email finds you well.

In regards to the online destinations sent via MyPorsche, this cannot be changed to extend past the 30 day deletion. However, if you save the destination as a favourite directly using the PCM, this should save it on a more permanent basis.”

I responded by asking them if they could request Porsche Germany to remove this 30 day deletion in the future....though I’m not very hopeful ☹️
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Psardo

Post by Psardo »

That was the answer that I got from Porsche also but I add a favourite in PCM and it also appears in "My Destinations" so I expect it to be deleted in 30 days... Waiting for another 20 days to confirm this...

But in the end, I can still not imagine why someone Porsche implemented such a stupid feature.
PBT147

Post by PBT147 »

Hi thanks for your replies. However this issue isn't relating to favourites, it's "recent destination" these disappear on every trip. I.e if I input say Manchester this morning, then on my return Input Leeds then once back in Leeds I look for recent destinations they have completely gone.