Electrical gremlins, anyone have advice/had a replacement battery yet?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

If you need to replace the battery, and wish to DIY, there is a piece on Utube, from tech guy showing how to do it. But is shows that if the connection is broken, a laptop with the necessary software will be needed to reset it. The otherway would be to keep some power to the leads when the battery is removed, which fools the system.

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

TheTraveller wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:18 am If you need to replace the battery, and wish to DIY, there is a piece on Utube, from tech guy showing how to do it. But is shows that if the connection is broken, a laptop with the necessary software will be needed to reset it. The otherway would be to keep some power to the leads when the battery is removed, which fools the system.
:idea: Great advice ,now why didn’t I think to post this BEFORE⁉️ :lol: :lol: :lol:
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

MikeM wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:58 am
TheTraveller wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:18 am If you need to replace the battery, and wish to DIY, there is a piece on Utube, from tech guy showing how to do it. But is shows that if the connection is broken, a laptop with the necessary software will be needed to reset it. The otherway would be to keep some power to the leads when the battery is removed, which fools the system.
:idea: Great advice ,now why didn’t I think to post this BEFORE⁉️ :lol: :lol: :lol:
If I was brave enough to attempt it, just to see what would happen if it was taken off without having the software, I would. But just to see if it would start or start, then having to have it towed to the OPC, if it didn't, would be a bridge too far.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

I was always under the impression that they only need to code it cause the ecu changes the charging parameters for an old battery.
If you disconnect the battery and then fit a new one, I would be very surprised if much would be different on the car.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Rarecolour wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:44 am I was always under the impression that they only need to code it cause the ecu changes the charging parameters for an old battery.
If you disconnect the battery and then fit a new one, I would be very surprised if much would be different on the car.
Totally agree witht that. But if you have a look at the tech' guy on Utube, (not OPC) he mentions if not coded in, then keep power to the removed leads. This would then I think, fool the system and keep the previous perameters, which could not be accurate depending on what battery is newly fitted A bit of further investigation, is on the books. To defeat the costly system of replacing one.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Easiest thing would be to connect a ctek conditioner at either cigarette lighter or under the bonnet.
Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
RAA

Post by RAA »

Rarecolour wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:19 pm Easiest thing would be to connect a ctek conditioner at either cigarette lighter or under the bonnet.
I've been using a CTEK conditioner over the lockdown periods, when I don't use the car for a week or more. I'm hoping this will prolong the battery's life.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

RAA wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:52 am
Rarecolour wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:19 pm Easiest thing would be to connect a ctek conditioner at either cigarette lighter or under the bonnet.
I've been using a CTEK conditioner over the lockdown periods, when I don't use the car for a week or more. I'm hoping this will prolong the battery's life.
They are superb things. I've given life to around 30 batteries with mine, all that had failed battery tests.
Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Still not got it back folks, that’s it been gone a week. Last update I had is there’s a different part of the boot latch/locking mechanism from what they replaced last time that they are waiting for to come into into stock. Absolutely hate the f-pace courtesy car!