Views on Porsche SatNav

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
bobmacan

Post by bobmacan »

As a long time users of TomTom I am finally thinking of giving up on it and getting SatNav fitted to my 2017 Macan S D.
(The TomTom sofware has become too slow and unreliable/crashes)

Any views or recommendations from the group?
I am particularly interested in rerouting and traffic in the UK.
How is the SatNav?

I know there is also Car Play, but that will need even more upgrades as well as Sat Nav (eg; Voice Control (£830) and Car Play (£481) itself)

All of the OEM type solutions only seem to be for the older PCM and not the newer current type.

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Works as well as any other device I've used. I have the advantage of online services so I find a location in MyPorsche on my laptop and send it to the car. My sat nav has real-time traffic.

If I've not sent a location to the car the online services enables a Google search of destinations, so I can search say on a business name not just a postcode

I tried CarPlay and it's a personal opinion but I didn't like it in the Macan. It overrode quite a bit of the PCM functionality, eg it won't show maps or junctions in the right-had dash display, so on reflection I stick with the PCM
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
NEVAGADAPTIONS

Post by NEVAGADAPTIONS »

bobmacan wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:03 pm As a long time users of TomTom I am finally thinking of giving up on it and getting SatNav fitted to my 2017 Macan S D.
(The TomTom sofware has become too slow and unreliable/crashes)

Any views or recommendations from the group?
I am particularly interested in rerouting and traffic in the UK.
How is the SatNav?

I know there is also Car Play, but that will need even more upgrades as well as Sat Nav (eg; Voice Control (£830) and Car Play (£481) itself)

All of the OEM type solutions only seem to be for the older PCM and not the newer current type.

Hello.

Unsure if it maybe too late, if not,

We can activate OEM Porsche Sat Nav + Apple CarPlay + AndroidAuto + Voice Control + Latest 2021/22 Maps for £250. Check out of website, or if you contact us, im more than happy to show you some pictures or you are welcome to give us a call if you wish to have a chat / questions about it.

https://northeastvagadaptions.co.uk/col ... activation