Radiator fan runnung followed by humming noise

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

I have a 2015 Macan SD 50500 miles. Did a 55 mile steady country drive today 20c air temperature, light traffic, the coulant was full and temperature read 90c. On switch off the radiator fan ran for 15 minutes then finally stopped. This was followed by a 20 minute humming noise that sounded electrical. Should I be worried? Has anyone else experienced these occurances?

SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

Hi, Its normal for the fan to run on. Not sure about your humming noise.
Ti Rich

Post by Ti Rich »

Not sure but maybe the water pump is electric and it is that that is humming.
2017 Macan S D, 21" Classics, PASAM, Black Exhausts, Heated seats / Steering Wheel, Nav, Park Assist.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Jaybee wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:22 pm I have a 2015 Macan SD 50500 miles. Did a 55 mile steady country drive today 20c air temperature, light traffic, the coulant was full and temperature read 90c. On switch off the radiator fan ran for 15 minutes then finally stopped. This was followed by a 20 minute humming noise that sounded electrical. Should I be worried? Has anyone else experienced these occurances?
I had an SD for five years (43.5k miles) and don't recall the fan running after shutdown. On the other hand it happens on my GTS.

In relation to the humming; is the car fitted with air suspension? I was just wondering if the car was trying to self level. Wouldn't expect it to be going on for 20min. I think that 20mins is the period the car remains "active" after shutdown. It then goes to sleep. Do you hear any sounds when you unlock the car before entering?
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Jaybee

Post by Jaybee »

Thank you all for your comments. I do have air suspension but that enits a different hum. The new hum seems to be coming from the engine bay area. Will see what happens next time I take it out. Cheers Jaybee.