Connect

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:06 am Initially I used the Connect functions as they were free.

Once the free period expired I did not activate the subscription.

When the car was serviced the OPC updated the software.

At no time did I ever receive any Error message.

Early Summer this year I activated the subscription purely to get the live traffic updates to the nav map that had ceased to work on the expiry of the free period.
Does anyone know if, at the expiry of the free period, you can use your own SIM data only card to get the live traffic updates to the nav map?
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon

pmg

Post by pmg »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:45 am
Col Lamb wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:06 am Initially I used the Connect functions as they were free.

Early Summer this year I activated the subscription purely to get the live traffic updates to the nav map that had ceased to work on the expiry of the free period.
You have to pay to get live traffic updates!!? I’m really starting to regret my decision to dip my toe into the Porsche money making machine.
On my BMW's I had to pay to get live traffic once their free period was over.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

pmg wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:24 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:45 am

You have to pay to get live traffic updates!!? I’m really starting to regret my decision to dip my toe into the Porsche money making machine.
On my BMW's I had to pay to get live traffic once their free period was over.
As I understand it BMW also charge for apple car play. The odd thing is my current car is a mini, so also a BMW, and yet live traffic is free. Basically the more you pay the more the manufacturer’s feel they can get away with I guess.
vanduara37

Post by vanduara37 »

Personally I don’t think the Error message is related to the navigation update as it was updated about 4 weeks ago by Porsche Glasgow and it didn’t erase the Error message.
I don’t mind paying for something that I want but have no need for live traffic or navigation updates so appears I have to live with this Error for the length of ownership of the car :roll: .
Canny be right ?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

AllanG wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:50 am

Does anyone know if, at the expiry of the free period, you can use your own SIM data only card to get the live traffic updates to the nav map?
Allan.

Using my own SIM does not enable it to be used for the online subscription services.

It provides data for the in car WiFi.

I have used a 3 SIM card with a preloaded Gb which is useable for one year cost is c£35
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

^^^^ Many thanks, Col 👍....though it looks like I’ll have to fork out more dosh to Porsche when my free subscription expires next January 👎👎
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
KoolinL

Post by KoolinL »

I declined the subscription and have not seen the error message. I have a 3 SIM card installed but I use Tom Tom on Apple Car Play as my navigation system.
The only issue I have is in car sim turns off after ignition off time delay activated but in car Wi-fi stays active. Need to turn Wi-fi off on phone to ensbkr internet access

2018 Macan
2005 Boxster S