Front Parking Sensors

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
KyleA

Post by KyleA »

Hi All,

I have recently bought my first Macan S, a late 2017 model in Agate Grey and absolutely love it, however, I seem to be getting an increasingly frequent issue with the front parking sensors.

I’ve noticed when I start the car or when I’m in traffic, one of the front parking the sensors kicks in and consistently beeps, almost ‘jamming’ on when there is nothing there.

It sounds like a faulty parking sensor, but does anyone have and suggestions on what else it could be? I have attached a picture of what the PCM shows when the car starts or slows down.

I have ran though the usual basic tests and checked that the numberplate isn’t obstructing it and cleaned/dried the problematic sensor, but it doesn’t seem to have fixed it.

Could it be a PCM firmware issue, or is it likely to be the sensor itself?

This is my first post here, so hopefully I have nailed the main questions for this type of issue!

D1727473-3752-4C86-B6E8-BEE7CC4E1BD8.jpeg

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Macan parking sensors are VERY sensitive to any minor obstruction - even a blade of grass can set them off.

As long as the sensors do not go off when you are coming to a halt in a completely open area - like an empty open car park, then just accept it as a Macan quirk!

It's certainly not worth you being concerned in the middle of the night when you made your first post!!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

They shouldn’t be going off in an open space but they are frustratingly sensitive in traffic. Mine often go off for no reason and I did read somewhere that other cars blind spot radar etc would trigger them but I’ve not managed to prove this
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

If you have a warranty from the dealer you purchased the car from, it might be worth having investigated. If not, I'd suggest you put up with it as the cost of remedying it (removing and replacing bumper) outways the annoyance.

One of the sensors on my GTS goes off randomly in traffic for a few seconds. I've learnt to live with it.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
KyleA

Post by KyleA »

Sounds like I’ll need to have the garage check it over / tackle taking the bumper off myself.

Thanks for the suggestions, was interested to see anyone else had similar behaviour. The off button will have to do for now.

@steve it’s amazing what you think of after a few beverages in the middle of the night 😂