2018 Macan Maps/Nav on SD Card

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
friscocabin

Post by friscocabin »

I just bought a 2018 Macan Base Model which has buttons for Map and Nav on the PCM. I have heard from Porsche sales that I can buy SD cards to add this functionality from Garmin, Stinger, or Porsche, but I cant seem to find any for purchase. Do you know if this functionality can be added and also where the SD card can be purchased?

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

There is no official Porsche Nav update via an SD card.

All updates and accessories for all Porsche models are on the Porsche Tequipment website.

Map updates are part of the Add On subscription package that is available, one has to create a My Porsche account, prove to them you own the vehicle, then pay the Subscription fee. You then get online Map updates if you are lucky as the Porsche systems do leave a lot to be desired.

There are third party offering updates for a one off fee but I know nothing further.

The image shows what you get as long as you have the right system installed in your Macan, your OPC can advise further via using your VIN number

IMG_4457.png

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

I would have a look at the following websites as they can both offer map updates.

www.yorkshirevagsolutions.co.uk
www.northeastvagadaptions.co.uk

My ex-wife got the maps updated remotely (it just required an SD card and we had loads of them) by a Ryan at North East VAG Adaptions for about £75 if I remember correctly

HTH
Andrew
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Are you trying to add Nav or update the 2018 maps? I think you are trying to add nav where it’s missing, but the buttons are there? I don’t think this can be done officially. Your best bet maybe a third party who can add CarPlay, then you can use the nav on your phone
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Kleynie wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:04 pm Are you trying to add Nav or update the 2018 maps? I think you are trying to add nav where it’s missing, but the buttons are there?
Satnav was standard on 2018 cars.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

andreas wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:23 pm
Kleynie wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:04 pm Are you trying to add Nav or update the 2018 maps? I think you are trying to add nav where it’s missing, but the buttons are there?
Satnav was standard on 2018 cars.
On Gen 1? Mine is 2018 model year and nav was extra.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Kleynie wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:30 pm

When I chose the options for my build spec in 2017, satnav wasn't an extra cost, but I have it. Are you suggesting satnav was removed from standard spec in 2018?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

andreas wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:23 am
Kleynie wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:30 pm

When I chose the options for my build spec in 2017, satnav wasn't an extra cost, but I have it. Are you suggesting satnav was removed from standard spec in 2018?
I'm saying that my build sheet shows Nav as extra on my 2018my GTS. My friend also owned a 2018 GTS without Nav.
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

Sorry guys, I may have confused the situation and I am not as knowledgeable on Macan's as most guys here I am sure,

I, maybe mistakenly, assumed that a model year 2018 Macan came with Sat Nav as standard, but maybe the base models did not in 2018?

I thus assumed that all the OP was enquiring about was a map update but as you say Kleynie, maybe the car is not equipped with Sat Nav and reading the original post again it would seem to indicate that the car has the appropriate buttons , but is not equipped ?

Andrew
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Re-reading the Ops post it is not clear if their Macan actually has Sat Nav installed.

If it is then updating the Maps should not be an issue, the OPC can easily do that, my guess would c£250, then there is the subscription for real time traffic etc at c£140 an annum.

If there is no Sat Nav module then that is a £1400 cost to install according to Tequipment.

Also as the Base when it was introduced in 2016 it was really a stripped down low cost entry to the marque car so anything is possible.

It may not have Car Play in which case that is another £480

The Op needs to respond
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags