Parking Sensor - False Alarms

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I also find at some T-junctions that the cars passing in front of me can trigger them. And if stopped in traffic that pedestrians crossing the road can make them beep, front and back when I am stationary. Not the best implementation although I find they work well when parking.

rydercowan

Post by rydercowan »

A couple of days ago our front sensors started triggering intermittently when there was nothing in range, sounding a continuous tone and showing red on the display. Initial inspection of the front of the car revealed nothing amiss. However on taking a closer look I found a winged black insect had collided with the exact centre of one of the sensors, and was still in place, complete with wings. Tiny movements of the wings were enough to trigger the sensor.
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

I found a winged black insect had collided with the exact centre of one of the sensors, and was still in place, complete with wings. Tiny movements of the wings were enough to trigger the sensor.

Yes indeed, insects are out & about now.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
boreas7

Post by boreas7 »

In 6K miles, I think we've had three false front indications and no rear ones.

We can't complain.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I had no problems with false sensor alarms for the first 9 months, until they did the PCM update. Now they are much more sensitive, with lots of false alarms especially in slow moving traffic, with solid screeching and a red screen when I'm at least ten feet behind the car in front.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
LVision

Post by LVision »

Had a Cayenne S when my Macan went in for its first service yesterday (another story I'll report in a separate post) and it also triggered false alarms so think that it is something generic to the system rather than car.
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

i have been well informed that th sensors can be activated by sound and other factors - was actually written in a report from germany. Read actually ok, they are just quite sensitive, we have had a few but living in Belfast with a bit of traffic, i am not too concerned. Just love our gts and is due a wash tomorrow.
2016 Macan GTS - Volcano Grey and a few extras (SOLD)
2020 992s - Crayon and a few extra, extras
2022 Land Rover Defender 110 D300 HSE X-Dynamic Black, 7 seats and a load of extras

992s Code - http://www.porsche-code.com/PLXDLWK3
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I drove three Touaregs before buying the Macan and never had an issue with the parking sensors. It seems VW group are going backwards with their technology.

Have I spotted you around Ballymena McNallys? I followed a VG GTS a couple of weeks ago with a single digit local reg.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
skipper

Post by skipper »

Rab J wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 8:45 pm I had no problems with false sensor alarms for the first 9 months, until they did the PCM update. Now they are much more sensitive, with lots of false alarms especially in slow moving traffic, with solid screeching and a red screen when I'm at least ten feet behind the car in front.
Had my SD about a month now and have experienced exactly the same issues in slow moving traffic. Sensors at the front, back and sides all going of separately when vehicles around me are clearly well out of range. Not a real issue as it can be turned off.
Macan Diesel S, Volcano, 20" Spyders, 14 way, Pano roof, Partial leather, Power Steering +, PASM, PDLS, Park Assist + camera, Heated Seats.
Col M

Post by Col M »

skipper wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:26 pm
Rab J wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 8:45 pm I had no problems with false sensor alarms for the first 9 months, until they did the PCM update. Now they are much more sensitive, with lots of false alarms especially in slow moving traffic, with solid screeching and a red screen when I'm at least ten feet behind the car in front.
Had my SD about a month now and have experienced exactly the same issues in slow moving traffic. Sensors at the front, back and sides all going of separately when vehicles around me are clearly well out of range. Not a real issue as it can be turned off.
Do you notice that the detector that goes off is on the side of the exhaust of the car you're following?
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble