Porsche Active Safe Error Message

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

My car is in at the OPC today because I keep getting an error message on start-up. I think the message is "ACC/PAS unavailable - Service Required". After this, the ACC is indeed sometimes not available but sometimes comes back.

Now, since I've had the car for 8 months and only seen this meesage in the last month (about 20 times), I assumed that there was fault with system. I have also had a PAS false warning message on the motorway "Distance - ! - Brake" when there was no one in front of me.

The OPC's initial response was "you shouldn't use it in bad weather as you may get this message". I pointed out that I get the message on start-up in perfectly good conditions. I also cleaned the car and radar dome a couple of days ago and got this message again this morning. So it is not because of dirt on the sensor.

So, do any of you with ACC have any comments on this? Have you seen the "ACC/PAS unavailable - Service Required" message and if so how often? I know some of you have had the PAS false warning message before.

At the moment, I have told the OPC that it is unacceptable and that the ACC/PAS should be available. Having it work intermittantly is outright dangerous! I do understand that the ACC/PAS can become unavailable in foul weather (sleet/snow/really heavy rain) or if the sensor gets dirty but I don't feel this applies on my drive when the sun is shining and I have just cleaned it.
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015

SPL

Post by SPL »

Had the service required message twice (on start up).
False alarm on the motorway twice - when fairly new.
If you are getting the message repeatedly then there must be a fault. probably need a new lens on the front Confused

I also get a "service required" now and again (maybe four times) on the headlights on start up.
Diesel S Ordered 07/12/2013 - Delivered 29/01/15 - Sold 15/06/16.
New Range Rover Vogue arrived 21/07/16.
http://www.macanownersclub.co.uk/forum/shouldnt-swear-land-rover_topic4142.html
goron59

Post by goron59 »

I have ACC and have it enabled constantly. Never seen these codes in the 5 months I've had the car.

I believe you can get problems if the big lens on the front of the car gets obscured/dirty, so worth a check.
Obviously don't put a moustache or red nose over it!
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

Thanks, guys. The OPC is going to hold it overnight and try it a few times to see if they can reproduce it.

When I saw "service required" I assumed that meant let the OPC fix it. Does it actually mean "get out and clean it"?
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Andy352

Post by Andy352 »

I've used my ACC on almost every journey since October, no fault messages and worked faultlessly through some horrible weather lately.
Don't let them fob you off with "they all do that sir". It's a major safety feature and needs fixed.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGTU3KJ5
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

So, I've got the car back. No action on the error message. OPC says it muct have been dirty. I will monitor it. If it comes up again, I will check its clean and if it is, back to the OPC.
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Mine failed to spot a cyclist in front of me once and I nearly killed him.

But I see that more as a feature than a fault Evil Smile
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
DougalDC

Post by DougalDC »

I've had this message the last 3 times i've driven, but i've checked once underway, and ACC is back and working, so a little puzzled atm, will check again tonight.
PHJD8AA5 GTS
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

I've had this message the last 3 times i've driven, but i've checked once underway, and ACC is back and working, so a little puzzled atm, will check again tonight.

Well, that's the way mine was behaving too. However, in these cases I found it to be unreliable. The OPC says it is probably dirt on the sensor. If you get the message when you start up, it would be interesting to see if cleaning the sensor dome sorts it out.

Oh, one more thing. If "ACC/PAS unavailable - Service Required" actually means that the sensor is dirty, clean it, it is a bloody stupid message! Ouch
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Thanks for this Giz9 - I have had the message come up the last couple of days on start up. This thread was very timely. The car hasn't been though it's normal wash routine the last 2 weekends due to the weather. I will give the dome a wipe instead and see what happens.
Well documented on the forum is my loathing of this option. If it is indeed dirt accumulating on the dome it only reinforces my belief that it is a massive waste of cash (especially in winter or when driving a lot on wet motorways / A-roads following cars. I'm ready to be told how fabulous ACC is though Ouch.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18