Porsche Active Safe Error Message

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
DougalDC

Post by DougalDC »

ok, so i went to the car, cleaned the sensor, (though it did not seem very dirty), and started the car, same message appeared, so i tried to find if the error was somehow displayed in the multi-view menus, but could not see anything, messages section was empty.
turned off and on again, a couple times, and the message would not re-appear.

i will try again in an hour or so, to see if it comes back, maybe the cleaning worked and the 1st message was before a re-test. or maybe the message is on a timer, to not keep bugging you too often.

PHJD8AA5 GTS

jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Mine failed to spot a cyclist in front of me once and I nearly killed him.

But I see that more as a feature than a fault Evil Smile
after driving 3hours in the capital today I wish I had this option fitted..
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.
DougalDC

Post by DougalDC »

ok, so tested again, and the message is back, so, i think a chat with opc is in order.
PHJD8AA5 GTS
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

My car has been back to the OPC again after they spoke to Porsche and said there may be a "voltage issue". Anyway, when it was in they discovered that the car had logged an error message which led them to replace the "key reader".

Well, it seems to have done the trick as I have not seen the message since (touch wood)!
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015
ldn2016

Post by ldn2016 »

Mine failed to spot a cyclist in front of me once and I nearly killed him.

But I see that more as a feature than a fault Evil Smile
after driving 3hours in the capital today I wish I had this option fitted..

In London, I use the speed limiter, it takes the stress away from driving through cameras. And you can rest your foot on the pedal too, with ACC you loose the limiter and don't know what to do with the foot. In city traffic, with turns, bikes cutting in, etc I think you would need to keep second guessing the ACC which would be tiring. Would have spec'ed ACC if I could retain the limiter.

ldn20162016-04-28 19:45:59
DougalDC

Post by DougalDC »

sounds good,

my car is actually with opc this week, with that fault as one to be looked at,
it has been a persistent fault, maybe coming up 80% of start-ups.

i will see what turns up from opc.
PHJD8AA5 GTS
davewf

Post by davewf »

I occasionally get the message on startup, generally if I don't wait for the glow plug light to go out and just twist the key. Because the cars cold it runs the glow plugs and then starts. Could be a low voltage issue or I did wonder if it was the block of wood used to show me where to stop in the garage on a string dangling in front of the windscreen sensors.

However I haven't seen the error for a while now and everything seems ok.
DougalDC

Post by DougalDC »

My car has been back to the OPC again after they spoke to Porsche and said there may be a "voltage issue". Anyway, when it was in they discovered that the car had logged an error message which led them to replace the "key reader".

Well, it seems to have done the trick as I have not seen the message since (touch wood)!

Hi Giz9, has this "key reader" fix sorted the issue?

my OPC is currently claiming its "dirty sensor", but we have already tried cleaning it with no effect at home (unless dirt inside maybe?)

PHJD8AA5 GTS
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

Hi Giz9, has this "key reader" fix sorted the issue?

my OPC is currently claiming its "dirty sensor", but we have already tried cleaning it with no effect at home (unless dirt inside maybe?)

Yes, the "key reader" replacement has fixed the problem completely. Not seen the error message since. Smile
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015
DougalDC

Post by DougalDC »

fwiw, i have not had the error since it came back from opc, but whilst it was being looked at, they said they could not find anything wrong, but in the process of checking, they took the whole system apart and put it back together again. maybe a loose connection re-seated after the re-build?
PHJD8AA5 GTS