No signal DAB radio

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
malcrock

Post by malcrock »

Hi all .....nearly a year has gone by and I am greatly enjoying the Macan experience....what a car!!! So smooth so delicate yet so aggressive when necessary whilst maintaining all the control and direction of the driver. The cabin is glorious and apart from one or two niggles like the irritating stop start and the poor voice control system, is near perfect.
I was fiddling with the settings via the dash and somehow seemed to have done something that has caused a "No signal" to occur on most of the DAB stations I normally listen to. This happen after initially "data loading" and then just does no produce the sound or signal to listen. Anyone have any ideas what I have done? or is this a fault?? Would be extremely grateful for your thoughts.

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Don't tend to use DAB - signal is not so good here.
luvblobs

Post by luvblobs »

I have the same problem. Previous cars i've had worked fine but the Macan's reception is pitiful (both DAB and FM). I'm bringing it back to my dealer this Wednesday so I'll post again with an update after that.
happy days

Post by happy days »

Hmmm. Perhaps try - Source - DAB Radio - List - and retune each station in again?Just a thought?
Macan S D
718 S
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Tuning used to be different depending on country, is there a country setting?

Bit of a long shot but was true for FM.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

My Macan had problems loosing DAB radio at times. Just unable to find any DAB stations even though I live in a fairly strong DAB area. After a few goes at changing aerials etc the main PCM control module was replaced. After the change, flawless DAB reception.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
luvblobs

Post by luvblobs »

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately none of the suggestions worked!
As promised here is a quick update involving the dealer. He has told me that there can sometimes be a fault between 2 of the 5 aerials on Macans (Macen?). He HAS come across this problem before and has succeeded in fixing it. My car is booked in for the 4th of December so hopefully there'll be a fix then. Further update will follow.....
VanB

Post by VanB »

luvblobs wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:28 pm Thanks for the advice but unfortunately none of the suggestions worked!
As promised here is a quick update involving the dealer. He has told me that there can sometimes be a fault between 2 of the 5 aerials on Macans (Macen?). He HAS come across this problem before and has succeeded in fixing it. My car is booked in for the 4th of December so hopefully there'll be a fix then. Further update will follow.....
Don’t hold your breath as far as a solution is concerned!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
luvblobs

Post by luvblobs »

Well.....car gremlins! The car went back to the dealer and the reception is now perfect. They said they couldn't find a problem. How aggravating. The radio has been perfect since but on a side note, the dealership did fix two rattles. One at the front console charging point and one in the middle, top of the dash at the plastic grill. I'm now wondering was the radio fix coincidence or has it something to do with these repairs? For me, I don't care as long as it continues to work.
Sorry to anyone else with this problem, i'm afraid I haven't been much help.