goron59's thoughts on PCM/Car Play

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
goron59

Post by goron59 »

I'd have to charge though and people wouldn't like my prices.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Something isn't right with my PCM.

The other day I had sat nav on and I was listening to music via one of the SD cards. The music then cuts out and I have to access the SD card and start it again.

Didn't think anything of it at first but it seems that whenever I put the sat nav on and am listening via the SD card it causes the music to cut out.

I have never encountered this before but then I don't think I've had the SD card playing when the sat nav is on as I usually listen to the radio or Spotify.

Anyone noticed similar?
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
coulsda2

Post by coulsda2 »

After a holiday last week driving through to Tuscany I realised the map for Italy was quite out of date. A new motorway section had opened on the way down to Florence but the Sat Nav didn't know this.
How do I know if I have the latest man installed and if not how should I update the maps over the air? Any suggestion?
Thanks in anticipation,
David
coulsda2

Post by coulsda2 »

After a holiday last week driving through to Tuscany I realised the map for Italy was quite out of date. A new motorway section had opened on the way down to Florence but the Sat Nav didn't know this.
How do I know if I have the latest man installed and if not how should I update the maps over the air? Any suggestion?
Thanks in anticipation,
David

PS. Car was a pleasure to drive and averaged 7 litres per 100 km at maximum allowable speeds :-)