Dashcam Installation

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Hi Bazza06,
Did you need to buy extra kit to connect the 2 Qvia or everything in the box is enough? For instance ,to get parking mode , do you need to buy extra cables?

Did you upgrade the SD card size , if so which one did you buy ?
Cheers

When you buy the 2 camera version all the cables are included as well as a 16GB micro SD card. I have since changed this to a 64GB card - Lexar 633X

Parking mode is one of the features of this dashcam, it is not an added option.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

Simonc

Post by Simonc »

Thanks for the info Bazza - looks like another good setup. I've actually already ordered the F770 so I'll see how I get on with that one. The local installer I've contacted recommended the Blackvue for its cloud capabilities (which can tap into the Macan's wifi hotspot), though the downside of that one is that for hardwiring you need the power magic battery protector - the LukasHD and Thinkware have that functionality built in.

The installer did mention that with Front+Rear setups you can get interference with DAB - do any of you with a front+rear happen to have noticed if that is an issue? It would presumably only affect setups that have the rear connected to the front rather than two independent cameras, as I believe it is the signal being sent from the rear to the front that can be problematic. I suppose with carplay it isn't a big issue as can always revery to something like TuneIn radio and just use the internet stations instead of DAB if there is a problem there.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Originally I was going for the Blackvue for the cloud capability but I didn't get good feedback from the supplier and opted for the Qvia instead. I can't say whether what I was told will be applicable to your experience and I do always wonder whether a supplier favours one company over another.

I should add that the supplier is an authorised supplier of both.

With regards to the effects on DAB it's strange as shortly after leaving the installer I was sure the DAB station I was listening to changed to another without my input. Immediately I started thinking whether the dashcams affected this.

However, I have never experienced this since and I always listen to DAB stations and have covered over 2000 miles.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Simonc

Post by Simonc »

That's good to know thanks. Not too sure where the DAB aerial is but do you know which side of the car your cabling is routed down between front and rear? Couldn't quite tell from the photos. Just in case the aerial is on one side and your cabling is on the opposite side - may as well ask my installer to do the same if you know you've not had problems the way yours is done. Cheers!
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

The cabling from the rear cam runs down the drivers side.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

And the car's aerial is on the near side rear passenger door window.
Nuclear Nick2017-01-23 08:39:51
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Simonc

Post by Simonc »

Thanks both!
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Barry it all looks great. I haven't had enough time to get mine done yet but i am going down the same road with same model and company to install.

Thumbs Up
GTS 😀
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Kas, When you call them to arrange install ask if it will be Gary that will be assigned the job.

He did mine and is an experienced technician.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Thanks Barry.
Really appreciated.

Just have to find some time to get it down now.
GTS 😀