Comfort Light Package

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Specialbrew

Post by Specialbrew »

Hi,

I had read that the comfort light Package in the cayenne was next to useless as the Horseshoe light was so distracting at night that it had to be turned off. I'm confused as some say it's a must have so was wondering if it is the same in the Mecan? Or can you turn off the horseshoe and still have ambient light for the rest of the car (footwell door panels etc. I had one for the au and the door panels only came on when he door were opened which seamed a bit pointless as all the rest of the lights came on.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I've not tried the different features of the light package to be honest although I do have it. The horse shoe light is distracting and i never have it on. Not sure I would particularly bother to spec it next time, although I suppose it's a pretty cheap option.
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
johnd

Post by johnd »

Don't forget that you can vary the brightness of the 'orientation' light via a menu setting. I have mine at 30% IIRC, which I find dim enough not to be distracting.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
VanB

Post by VanB »

Don't forget that you don't get vanity mirror lights without it which may or may not be important to you.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I have it but not really worth it tobe honest. Not as good as expected.
bilun777

Post by bilun777 »

Definitely one of my must haves.
Lovely bright LED interior lights when you unlock on these dark days.
Twin LED vanity mirrors, twin LED boot lights.
I never notice the horse shoe light (I must have them adjusted just right for me.)
Sapphire blue SD,Luxor Beige,Delivered Nov 16.
VanB

Post by VanB »

I also like the interior glow you get with it. It is a must have? Probably not but it is a nice to have and not expensive either. If your horseshoe light remains on when driving I can see that being annoying so turn it off.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Interior LED lighting is so much more modern looking than the yellow halogen setup. My friend has just updated his Cayenne to full LED after sitting in our Macan.

The extra lights you get with the package is also quite welcome and all for just two hundred quid
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Hi,
Or can you turn off the horseshoe and still have ambient light for the rest of the car (footwell door panels etc.

Not as far as I'm aware, but don't have my car at the moment so can't test it.

I find the horseshoe light distracting so normally have it turned off, although it's not too bad fully dimmed when driving in well lit areas. And yes, it's a bit annoying that the footwell lights go off as well. The bit I'm not sure about are the door pocket lights, which you can dim via the MFD, and the ambient light in the overhead console.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

Had my first experience of the comfort lighting in the cayenne. I personally loved it. the doors have a strip, the centre light was nice, the footwell lighting, all worked well! But my wife and bro in law both switched it off. So i guess its not for everyone.

Ironically if you could kill the horse shoe light they'd both probably like the lighting!
Carmine and Partial Garnet GTS Delivered Jan 17' www.porsche-code.com/PHE2IGH7
Our collection video - https://youtu.be/B-HvzRYztqc