CarPlay iOS10.3

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Yea, I tried using voice stuff in a Boxster and it was useless. Too much cabin noise, microphones in wrong places, whatever. Not good at all. Considerably better in the Macan though.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

happy days

Post by happy days »

Yea, I tried using voice stuff in a Boxster and it was useless. Too much cabin noise, microphones in wrong places, whatever. Not good at all. Considerably better in the Macan though.

Must give it a go. Roof up int he 718 as it was November, btw...
Macan S D
718 S
happy days

Post by happy days »

I asked Siri this morning how much fuel I had left in the car.

(because "Support for checking car fuel level, lock status, turning on lights and activating horn with automaker apps")

Siri said: Can't tell you that because Porsche need to pull their finger out and support the full CarPlay spec, but they probably won't because they're sh*t.

I'm surprised that she didn't say 'Look at the gauge, you lazy git!'
Macan S D
718 S
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Must give it a go. Roof up int he 718 as it was November, btw...

Main issue with CarPlay SMS dictation is the eyes-on-road interface... it insists on reading everything back to you to confirm. After 10 mins of this you realise the futility and actually have a phone conversation instead. Safer.

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR