Vodafone tracker problems today?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Laguna

Post by Laguna »

All ok with mine Goron in Surrey Quays.
PHBALKC6

goron59

Post by goron59 »

So foolishly, I deleted and reinstalled the app, just in case, and now I need to activate the car again.

No idea what the "activation code" is :)

Edit: Ah, found it in the phone management section of the PCC website.

and... still can't find my car.

goron592017-03-29 21:46:04
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I just Googled the dealership as I was sure it used to be in Bow near the flyover but unless there is another dealership I see that it has moved.

I was wondering whether the flyover might be causing a signal block.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
goron59

Post by goron59 »

I just Googled the dealership as I was sure it used to be in Bow near the flyover but unless there is another dealership I see that it has moved.

I was wondering whether the flyover might be causing a signal block.

It's moved in recent years, but I doubt it's occluded by anything. I've tracked my car and my previous car there before. I think there's a problem with it... but as I'm back tomorrow to collect it, I'll ask them.

Not terribly annoying, just curious really.

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Has privacy got turned on by accident in the PCM settings? This would prevent you accessing the location via the app.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Has privacy got turned on by accident in the PCM settings? This would prevent you accessing the location via the app.

Good point. I haven't turned it on, but you never know. I'll check tomorrow. Thanks.
adrian991

Post by adrian991 »

I've noticed the following problem in the last few weeks.
I have a Geo Fence area set up so that if the car moves outside of the area around my house I get a notification and another when it returns. Until recently it all worked fine so if for example I drive the car out and back I would see a "red" circle with the number 2 in it on the App Icon on my iPhone. Now as soon as it leaves the area or returns, I get multiple notifications for example today I went out and the App showed 5 notifications, same thing happened when I returned. When I open the App it shows the correct number of notifications it's only the screen with the icon where the number is wrong.

I did call Vodafone about this 2 weeks ago but have heard nothing since, anyone else on here with the same problem?

adrian9912017-03-29 23:43:07
Laguna

Post by Laguna »

Yes I have experienced this over the last few weeks as well. I haven't found a fix yet unfortunately.
PHBALKC6
goron59

Post by goron59 »

OK, so got the car back, privacy mode not turned on. Car not contactable from the PCC centre.

Service chap said to call Vodafone, but if it's a h/w fault, then it'll be yet another visit to OPC.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

OK, so got the car back, privacy mode not turned on. Car not contactable from the PCC centre.

Service chap said to call Vodafone, but if it's a h/w fault, then it'll be yet another visit to OPC.

Look on the positive side......at least the lack of contact with the car is not due to it being in a container on its way to the far east.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags