Vodafone Automotive (nee Cobratrack) is rubbish

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
goron59

Post by goron59 »

So for some time now, my Car Connect app has been showing that the PCC can't connect to my car.

I checked with the OPC when I was in a couple of weeks ago and they (well one particular guy there) was all "*shrug* call vodafone".

So last Saturday when I was out and about, I called the Vodafone Automotive customer service number and was told that their hours were from 9am. It was about 8.30, so I did some shopping, came back and tried again at 9:04am and was put on hold for 7 mins with "2 people in front of me."

They give you a chance to leave a phone number for them to call you back. I did and they didn't.

So same deal this morning. Called them a bit before 9 and the machine told me their hours are now Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm.

What bollox is that?

My car is in an underground carpark with no signal Monday to Friday so I have much inconvenience to be able to call them and troubleshoot the connection.

One option is to call their 24h emergency number "for if your car is stolen" and tell them that I can't connect to my car. I suspect that would just add more grief to an already unsatisfactory situation.

No "I don't bother with the tracker" comments please, but if anyone knows of a better number to call, or has experienced this kind of issue before, any info would be helpful.

Cheers.

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Can't help, but have had problems with Vodafone. It took me over a year to cancel a contract that I never had / used. Each call was approx. 40 minutes speaking to approx 5 different people. Useless.
Guy

Post by Guy »

I spoke to them the other (work) day - the two-hour time difference helps me in this respect. I was actually trying to find out how to change to a cheaper Romanian PCC contract (still with Vodafone), at the lower and more flexible prices shown on the PCC website. They were unable to help - the suggestion being to cancel my contract and then visit my Bucharest dealer to start again. I couldn't be bothered to set up all the phones, etc, again, so simply renewed my UK service (just the gimmicky remote bit - no need for tracker any more.) Connection is usually fine in my underground garage, although there was a whole weekend back in Feb where it wouldn't connect, and when contacted Vodafone said that the system was down and couldn't be fixed until the next working day!
Maybe go for a drive at the W/E with the tracker fob switched off and wait for them to call you!

Guy2017-04-08 12:10:58
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Maybe go for a drive at the W/E with the tracker fob switched off and wait for them to call you!

LOLLOLLOL
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Anyone who pays cash and subscribes to the Connect system deserves everything they get or rather do not get.

It is Vodafone and what part of Vodafone are rubbish do you subscribers not understand?

If you have to have or want a tracker then look up Bazza's security post and go with a proven system that works.

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

LOLLOLLOL

That would do it!
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Anyone who pays cash and subscribes to the Connect system deserves everything they get or rather do not get.

It is Vodafone and what part of Vodafone are rubbish do you subscribers not understand?

If you have to have or want a tracker then look up Bazza's security post and go with a proven system that works.

That's exactly the kind of response I didn't need. I'm after specifics. Thanks.