Vodafone Automotive (nee Cobra) woes

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
goron59

Post by goron59 »

When I had my car in the OPC for the last PCM update, I used to Car Connect app to find out where the car was.
It couldn't find it. Basically, the control centre for the tracker couldn't connect to the car.

This was a month ago.

So I tried to call Vodafone Automotive about it (no, not Vodafone the mobile phone provider, so no "Vodafone is sh*t" comments neccessary).

Couldn't call them as you need to do so Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm.

So I gave up.

Then on Friday I get a letter from them saying my car had failed the monthly "health check."

I called them yesterday (it was a bank holiday, but still a Monday) and found out the following.
  1. My car was mostly getting 25-50% on their "is everything ok" scale. This means that a signal was sent to the satellite, and relayed to the car, but the car never received it or sent anything back.
  2. This check is done once a month.
  3. This check does not cause any alarm (I mean, it could be because someone has stolen your car)
I therefore concluded, and the person on the phone grudgingly agreed, that the service is a complete waste of time, from an anti-theft point of view.

Anyways, I've now got to get the OPC to look at it as a possible hardware issue. The fact it stopped working around the same time they did some PCM work, is entirely coincidental, I think Confused

It's no wonder most insurers lower your premiums if you have a tracker.

Edit for spelling

goron592017-05-02 11:19:53
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR