Car connect app not able to connect to GTS

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
SAW

Post by SAW »

I notice yesterday that my car connect app has not updated my mileage and fuel level since 25 April. When I run the diagnostic it says my iPad is connected to the PCC server but the server cannot connect with the car. Has anyone else experienced this?
Also does this mean my tracker is not talking to the control centre?
Could it be because I updated with new maps via the upgrade option off the home menu using the sim in the car?
Macan GTS MAR17 http://www.porsche-code.com/PHKXZIH5

goron59

Post by goron59 »

Same with me.
Posted about it elsewhere here, but basically, Vodafone Automotive finally sent me a letter saying I'd failed my monthly connection test and had to take car in to OPC to check things out.

OPC said everything was fine and it was Vodafone Automotive's problem.

VA said otherwise, so got OPC and VA to talk to either other and finally OPC agreed that I needed a new VTS thingy installed and I have it booked in next Wednesday.

OPC says everything was fine (including aerials, signal transmission etc), so it could be a dodgy SIM inside the VTS.

Like all things with my OPC, you have to take the car in twice and email/phone them several times before they take the job in hand.

Oh, and yes, you car is not protected at the moment. Not that the protection is worth much.
No, it's nothing to do with the SIM used for Porsche Connect/Connect Plus.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
VanB

Post by VanB »

I'm one of those who has never ben asked to register so guess I should get off my arse and ask the OPC to sort it. Must admit I had no idea why I paid for Connect +
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Retired

Post by Retired »

I'm one of those who has never ben asked to register so guess I should get off my arse and ask the OPC to sort it. Must admit I had no idea why I paid for Connect +

Confusingly this has nothing to do with Connect +.

This relates to Car Connect which provides (at least notionally) tracking and a few other features which you use once or twice to see if they work and never touch again.
DougL

Post by DougL »

Same with me.
Posted about it elsewhere here, but basically, Vodafone Automotive finally sent me a letter saying I'd failed my monthly connection test and had to take car in to OPC to check things out.

I've just had a letter asking me to contact VA. Saying that I needed to be with the car and able to start it and drive it when I contacted them. I'll let you know of any updates...

I haven't been able to find my car with the app for at least a couple of months.
VanB

Post by VanB »

Thanks Retired - all a bit of a nonsense as far as I can work out 🙄
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Same with me.

I've just had a letter asking me to contact VA. Saying that I needed to be with the car and able to start it and drive it when I contacted them. I'll let you know of any updates...

I haven't been able to find my car with the app for at least a couple of months.

Interesting timing. Mines a April 2016 build. It's lasted about a year. Coincidence perhaps.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Within the App go to settings and My account and see if the service has expired.
You have to pay for it every 12 months.

Mine is working fine but newer PCM (Dec 16 delivery)
GTS 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

With these prodlems with the Doddyafone connect system is anyone considering Bazza's alternative tracking system?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Within the App go to settings and My account and see if the service has expired.
You have to pay for it every 12 months.

Mine is working fine but newer PCM (Dec 16 delivery)

Mine's ok. Remote / Security / Safety services expire 12-05-2019 / 14-05-2018 / 14-05-2018 respectively.

The timing of one year and the the probability that this might be embedded-SIM related, leads me to ponder if the contract on the SIM[1] expired....

Either way, some answers will be forthcoming Wednesday.

[1] No, not the SIM a user puts in the front panel for online Connect stuff.