Car connect app not able to connect to GTS

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Interesting twist. Thanks for the update.
I didn't quite go down the insurance route like you as I technically didn't need to (my insurer doesn't care) and I wouldn't want to drive a Mercedes for 2 weeks!
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Mak

Post by Mak »

I also have an early 2017 GTS which has been near perefect bar the Car Connect service. It is reassuring to read that I am not alone! I have made numerous calls to Vodafone - had their warning letters to say the car is not visible and taken the car back to OPC twice for a fix but it is still not working properly. To be fair it did apear to spring back to life on the day of the most recent OPC visit where they "rebooted" the electronics but it seemed to go back to sleep there after. Reading this thread I am going to ask OPC for hardware replacement as that looks like a solution. Any idea what the component is actually called? The OPC doesn't have deep knowledge of these remote services and although it is a bit of a novelty I think it should be made to function!
Thanks
goron59

Post by goron59 »

It was described to me in different ways, but basically the whole tracker module. Your service team will know what it is. Vodafone Automotive techs know what it is.
Mak

Post by Mak »

thank you - i have emailed OPC a chaser today and will post the progress. Its taken 6 months so far - glad it wasnt a more serious fault. :)
Pegasus85

Post by Pegasus85 »

Same problem here, app has been unable to connect for the past 2 months. I'm not really that fussed as only use it for the remote services but interesting reading the previous posts/problems, as I have also received the Vodafone letter recently.

Hoping this is the last in the line of probs/events/issues with mine...to remind people: 1. Vandalized/smashed rear window 2. "incident" with deer on A3. 3. Brake system failure (according to PCM)

:(
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH6LRZE7

SD Ordered April 2016

2nd Aug Lockdown
31st Aug build
Mid-Sept delivery
Mak

Post by Mak »

Car booked in next week for final fix I hope. I think there are many variables but my mobile Porsche Connect app consistently fails to reach the car even when parked in a strong signal area. I'm sure you have tried the built in Diagnostic Test in the app?

I think this is the same basic test that Vodafone does and when they perform a monthly check. If it fails you get the warning letter. My Car status also refuses to update - the last time it worked was on the day the OPC "rebooted" the system on my car.

The geofence function even worked on the way home so I thought it was all ok but it went back to sleep the day after. I therefore suspect it needs a replacement component in the car itself suggested by an earlier post. I suspect there are software bugs lurking added to network coverage and a faulty hardware component. Glad my life doesnt depend on it! :)
Mak

Post by Mak »

Replacement Vehicle Tracking System (VTS) now fitted by OPC and remote services sprung back to life :) . This has taken some determined effort and I should no longer receive the Vodafone warning letters. I gather the VTS module is c£800 so glad to have it fixed under waranty. Will be testing it thoroughly over the coming days in case the unit goes to sleep like its predecessor.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Mine's been fine since it was replaced.
By "fine" of course, I mean it isn't being a pain in the arse.
davidatbrookside

Post by davidatbrookside »

My car connect app has now failed to update for 26 days, rang Porsche Cambridge as car in for brake fluid change soon, they said they will look at this, but asked me to ring vodafone as they had not experienced or were aware of this problem. I rang Vodafone who were very aware of the problem on some Macan's, I asked where my car was at the moment, they think it is located in Montbasin, near to Montpellier, it is actually on my drive in not so sunny Northants, The kind Vodafone man sent a signal to my car but either its in a sulk or it never received the signal as it never responded. I was asked to get Porsche Cambridge to "hard re-set" and let them know. I will update following my visit on 11 September, in the meantime should my car be stolen the Gendarme's around Montbasin are likely to be very busy trying to find a car 950miles away, ce la vie.
Mak

Post by Mak »

My remote services in my Car Connect have packed up again so the new VTS unit has lasted about 7 days since replacement. I have spoken to the OPC and I am booked in for further investigation later in Sept. Wondering if there is a faulty batch of VTS units lurking or it could be a software fault causing it to shut down. OPC has not seen a repeated fault like this before. Curious.