Car connect app not able to connect to GTS

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
Paul

Post by Paul »

πŸ˜‰ if you play your cards right, they might offer to renew the service at a discounted rate when it expires....πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Paul wrote: ↑Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:32 pm πŸ˜‰ if you play your cards right, they might offer to renew the service at a discounted rate when it expires....πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I am not convinced Goron would take it if they paid him....
In fact I am it sure I would either based on his experience 😳
GTS πŸ˜€
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Kasfranks99 wrote: ↑Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:20 pm
Paul wrote: ↑Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:32 pm πŸ˜‰ if you play your cards right, they might offer to renew the service at a discounted rate when it expires....πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I am not convinced Goron would take it if they paid him....
In fact I am it sure I would either based on his experience 😳
By the time it expires, I'll be looking for another motor and I wouldn't use VA again - at least not this service level.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
DougL

Post by DougL »

Mine still isn't working. What was done to yours to make it work?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Today the car was parked at a country show and it was somewhere in tens of thousands of other cars.

The damn system could access the data and tell be that the last trip was 4.6 miles from hotel to venue but when I clicked on find my car it came up with no connection error despite full mobile bars and 4G lit up.

Suppose we get what we pay for, it is Vodafone after all.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

DougL wrote: ↑Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:34 pm Mine still isn't working. What was done to yours to make it work?
Well, the event list is:
  • The OPC techs did some investigation on the car, coordinating with techs at Vodafone Automotive. This was based on my reported issue and the letter I received from VA.
  • VA concluded that the tracker module was faulty and needed replacing
  • OPC wanted to do more tests, so delayed a bit, but eventually replaced it.
  • OPC told me I had to delete my contract with VA so they could set up a new one.
  • I did this, set up a new one with temp password, gave that to OPC and they got the thing working
  • At this point I had nothing by "remote services" having deleted my previous contract.
  • I called VA to get my service moved over to the new contract - they said a) Porsche should have done this and b) they could do it but it would take a couple of days.
  • 2 weeks later, after a number of calls, tweets, forms filled and general high levels of dissatisfaction, it was sorted.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Col Lamb wrote: ↑Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:54 pm it is Vodafone after all.
Again. No. It isn't. :roll:
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

goron59 wrote: ↑Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:53 am
Col Lamb wrote: ↑Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:54 pm it is Vodafone after all.
Again. No. It isn't. :roll:
Again, is there Vodafone in the name?

Yes, therefore despite once being Cobra or whatever it is now subject to Vodafone practices and lack of development.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

Just noticed my app hasn't updated for 33 days - shyate.

I only pay for the remote services, but it is suspicious that it happens just after 1 year of age and a renewal.

S
2017 Turbo - Night Blue / Expresso
BMW M2
SAW

Post by SAW »

I thought I should confirm all working again, however it has been very costly for Porsche ... because I expressed my concern about invalidating my insurance as it specifies a Cat5 tracker I requested an indemnity until this was working again. They rang Porsche Assist who have an agreement with Enterprise and I have been in a brand new (21 miles on the clock) E class 220D for 2 weeks whilst VA, Cobra Italy and Porsche got my replacement ECU module to work.

It appears the latest batch of tracker modules from Germany have a different serial number format and the Porsche server software kept kicking the car into test. I was annoyed the OPC tried a hard reset despite VA saying would not work ... disconnect the car battery from the car's main ECU (losing everything/all settings except my mileage) as I now don't have my mpg since collection.

The moral of this tale is that if you receive the letter from VA and they do the 'go outside with the engine running' test and it returns 25% ?? this means a replacement tracker ECU and get the OPC to order straight away as they are on back order ... it seems this is a growing issue with the Macans.
Macan GTS MAR17 http://www.porsche-code.com/PHKXZIH5