Car connect app not able to connect to GTS

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Issues and Fixes
goron59

Post by goron59 »

With these prodlems with the Doddyafone connect system is anyone considering Bazza's alternative tracking system?

I'm not. If the car was rare or particularly valuable, I might, but it's not, so not worth wasting any additional money on it.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

goron59

Post by goron59 »

So my car has had its tracker hardware replaced by OPC and it's working again now.
I think Vodafone(ex Cobra) techs know more about this than Porsche. But it got resolved.

Had to remove my contract from the PCC portal and reregister the car. Vodafone peeps are reinstating the service (transferring the old one).

Still a bit pants but I don't want broken stuff in the car.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

It's been a week now and Vodafone still haven't reinstated the service. I've called them twice and have been told on both occasions that it's being sorted and they'll call to let me know.
I think I need to go higher up to get this resolved now.
Prob easier to get a prorated refund then I can choose (or not) to get a new subscription.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Ha, and now a flurry of texts and emails saying my service is being updated..

Now my Remote Services are restored, Safety Services restored, but not the Security Services, which are explicitly expired (should be the same date as Safety Services).

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 07.52.45.png

And of course, you can't call them at weekends (the only time I can usually get the car out into Vodafone radio range).

Useless :x
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Have you considered alternative trackers?
Battery operated which do not then invalidate the warranty.

Just a thought. Have to say they do need to invest and improve things to keep people subscribed as this is the reason Vodafone purchased Cobra as the phone market is saturdlated and the Car market subscriptions will increase. Unfortunately people won't pay if they don't deliver.
GTS 😀
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 9:25 am Have you considered alternative trackers?
Battery operated which do not then invalidate the warranty.
No, I don't really want a tracker at all. I'm just recording the fundamental issues and service you get from the one that comes "free" (£470+) when you buy a Porsche.

I know some insurers insist on a tracker, but surely they know the tracker is all but useless for recovering a vehicle. Perhaps they just sell the ever so slightly lower risk onto a 3rd party. Who knows.

Anyways, I don't need one for my insurance, but if I did, my insurance may well have been void in the 6 weeks that Vodafone Automotive's service was dead.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Dead thread, I know, and a hijacked one (sorry), but I still don't have a working tracker service.

Still no tracking service. Over two months now and one month since all VA had to do was update a record or two in the system.

The last time I called Vodafone Automotive customer service they had the balls to tell me that nobody ever called them to transfer my service to the new tracker contract.

Even though I (and they) have recorded phone conversations and they've actually done some work.

I don't mine them being utterly incompetent - you kind of expect that from any service company these day - but I dislike being lied to.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Well after to resorting to twitter to call them out publicly on how displeased I am, the service has now been fully restored. Now I just to badger them for compensation.
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

As much as these problem can happen I have to say it does leave you with little confidence in using their service.
What a shame these people can't do a decent job even for a service we pay for...
GTS 😀
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Kasfranks99 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:21 pm As much as these problem can happen I have to say it does leave you with little confidence in using their service.
What a shame these people can't do a decent job even for a service we pay for...
No confidence at all. And yes, it is a shame.

I was out today to test that it is actually working.

Drove to a local Sainsbury (10 min drive) to give the service time to find the car. With the engine still running (parked) I got the app out and found the car, got its fuel levels, etc and checked the service dates. All good.

Then I thought I see if they're tracking, so I turned the tracker fob off and drove around the carpark twice.
Nothing. Not even the yellow warning that the key couldn't be detected.

F**k you and the horse you rode in on, I thought about Vodafone Automotive.
So parked again, powered off and went into the Sainsbury to get some provisions.

Ten mins later, got in the car, switched it on and then the warning came up.

So far so good.

But what does this mean? If someone drives off with your car before you get to switch it off, it doesn't notice?

Anyways, I'm now just counting the days until I don't have to deal with them any more.

And of course, will be seeking compensation for the best part of 2 months that I wasn't covered. :x